Ian from the Eyes

Dan's P.O.V.

"AMY! DON'T COME INTO MY ROOM!" I shouted, "I'M DOING SOMETHING!"

I heard nothing, so I'm guessing Amy's somewhere else doing something busy. Probably reading up on something about Benjamin Franklin, I thought. Oh well, he was a really awesome dude, unlike other historical figures. 

I put on my ninja costume slowly, I didn't want to wrinkle it. I don't care what Amy says, I'm wearing it today. Dan, she said, you'll scare the others. And who knows what would happen, the Kabras could shoot you with a poison dart and the Holts could beat you up. And even if you don't scare them, she continued, they'll still harm you just for being you. You never know what these reunions bring out of these Cahills. 

I shrug it off. If they were really going to hurt me, why wouldn't they have done so already? I've survived a lot of things with Amy, and I'm pretty sure I can fight off anyone myself. Except Hamilton, of course. And evil Reagan and scrawny Madison would shove you into a catapult and shoot you away somewhere. But Amy would make sure that didn't happen. I'm sure of it. 

Jumping down the stairs two steps at a time, I strike a ninja pose at the bottom of the staircase. Grabbing two little extra somethings, I hustle over to the door and open it. 

"Greetings." I said. Before throwing my ninja stars around my victims' heads, I collapsed in a deep sleep on the marble flooring. 

Amy's P.O.V. 

I was reading a book on Shakespeare's most famous quotes when I heard a commotion downstairs. Closing my book, I got myself ready for the visitors. They can be crazy, but I'm sure it can't be that bad. 

Walking past Dan's room, I peer inside and find nothing but a pile of papers all over his carpet. I'll have to let him know. Natalie would reprimand me, and I don't like to be mocked at. (yes I just ended that sentence with a preposition, fight me.)

It wasn't before long when I heard a high-pitched voice behind me. 

"Oh, dear, that sweater? Tsk, tsk, looks horrific on you. A brighter shade would bring out your eyes better." Turning around, I saw a familiar girl who had betrayed me in the past. As a rich Lucian, she had always demanded respect and wore clothes from either Prada or Armani. 

"NATALIE!" I put on a warm smile, opening my arms to give her a loving embrace, "Come here!" 

"Do be careful, these are new heels." Natalie said. Haha, classic Natalie. 

"Did you have a safe trip?" I asked her, and eyeing the castle of lavender luggage behind her, I walked her towards the grand meeting room for her to set down her things. 

"I did. We took the private jet, since Ian can't stand being squeezed into a first class seat. Why do they even have first class? It's not much bigger than economy, anyway!" Natalie exclaimed. 

"Haha, I'm sorry to hear that." I replied. 

Coming to a stop, I halted in the middle of the room. The sight of Ian crouching down next to an unconscious figure, and me turning around to find a guilty Natalie, I was starting to wonder what had occurred when I was busy upstairs. 

"Hello, Amy." Ian spoke, "I'm afraid there's been an ac-" 

Natalie interrupted him. "What Ian means," putting on a broad smile and blocking my view of the figure, "is why don't you get Dan and give us a tour of the accommodations. We'll pick them out, later, of course."