fifty

Ida's P.O.V

When it comes to school I find myself isolating from the crowd...or at least trying to. I'm very well known.

I'd say popular but I hate that word. It's just people know me and I know them, for some odd reason though I've always been placed in a certain group.

Every school I've ever been in from preschool to now senior year I've always been with this group that was seen as the superior.

I'd like to say I'm very grateful and enjoy this postion but really, I don't.

"So what are you guys gonna do this weekend?" Kendra asked in a hush tone. She had this malicious smirk that worried me.

I never liked hearing her plans. It always had something to do with going against the law.

"I mean other than staying in all day and binge watching 1920 I got nothing to do" Abby replied.

"Honestly same, my boo cancelled on me when we was supposed to go out tonight so.." Layla shrugged.

"Depends on what you planning to do" Tommy rolled her eyes. I just laugh. See this is why we're bestfriends.

"Well orginally I wanted to go shopping but seeing as to how we always do that and it's just not that exciting anymore I wanted to maybe host a party, my parents are out and I have the house to myself all week" She smiled.

It just had to be a party. Didn't they learn from last time with the shooting. "Tap me out" I laugh going back to texting on my phone.

"What? You can't go?" Layla looked at me like it was my fault.

"That and I don't trust parties after the shooting that happened last time. Plus I got a lot of work to catch up on anyways"

"Nah u right. I probably won't be able to go too, skipping comes with a price" Tommy adds.

"Oh yeaaah" Layla laughs. "That's why yall wasn't in class Tuesday and Thurday, " Her mouth drops as she comes to a relization. " how come I wasn't invited?!"

"Cause we was at her mans house, you can't just bring people to they house without their consent" Tommy speaks.

"Ok but how the fuck is he so rich like damn, I'm tryna get like that at 20 too" Kendra adds, everyone nods agreeing with her statement.

"Stop acting dumb y'all know what he does" I chuckle. Still puzzled they look at me heads tilted.

"Damn yall dumb as shit!" Tommy laughs. "Bitch he could be doing millions of things, the fuck" Kendra mugs Tommy as she continues to laugh.

"He's with a gang and they pay him money...hince why he got arrested cause he got caught selling" They all nod in awe.

"Makes since" Abby shrugs.

"So I can just join a gang and I'm rich? Bet" Kendra sticks her tongue out and starts twerking nearly busting her ass as she missed a step on the bleachers.

I only shake my head as she sits down thinking no one saw that.

"It don't work like that hoe" Abby laughs. "Right. It's still not safe, that's one of the reasons we broke up. I didn't even want to go to his house cause his friends or whatever he calls them are mad disrespectful. Am I lying?" I look to Tommy who with a quickness nods her head.

"They don't say much to us but the looks they be giving us is weird. They ugly as shit too like tattoos all over the face...just gross" She shivers.

I feel so bad for dragging her alongside but I'll be damned if I ever have to be the only woman there.