Chapter 2- Serena

A soft beeping sound from my watch startled me. I picked it up and stared at the time. 11: 30 pm. I let out a sigh, then slid off my couch and turned off the T.V. Is it completely impossible for the Company to let me sleep?

Walking out of my new house, I jumped into my blue Lotus car, sat down in the soft black leather seats, and drove downtown. I set my watch down, and followed the 3D grid map, which glowed green, invisible to ordinary eyes, of course. A beeping noise alerted me of a nearby demon.

"Watch, identify the demon." I demanded, driving through the downtown area, lights streaking by.

"It is a Forensiaco, or Water Demon." The watch said in a male computerized voice.

"Where is it, and what is it doing?" I asked with a yawn.

"It is at a water treatment plant, and it is taking the water and contaminating it."

"Wonderful, we got ourselves a troublemaker, which means we can take it out."

"Woohoo!!!!" I yelled out the window, flooring the gas pedal, and speeding towards the destination. "There is no demon species by the name of 'WOOHOO'."

I sighed, "I know, its an expression, you would not understand."

"I completely understand what a expression is, it is a-"

"I know!"

I screeched to a stop in front of the water treatment plant, which had a huge metal door, that had been torn open, jagged metal jutted up around the door, and part of the wall had been smashed, great, another mess for me to clean up.

A yellow sign pasted to the side of the door with a male model smiling and making a 'thumbs up' gesture read, 'RICK'S WATER CLEANING PLANT-YOU USE IT WE CLEAN IT!' What kind if catchphrase is that?!

Strapping my watch to my wrist, I jumped out of the car, locked it, and walked cautiously into the building. I slipped through a foggy array of maze-like hallways, using the watch for light and a map, until I reached the main chamber.

A giant creature stood there with light blue skin that was somewhat see-through, and when I looked through it, my vision blurred. It had no wings, for I knew that it did not need them. It could turn into a liquid substance and melt into the earth, thankfully we were standing on a metal floor.

A long, slender tail slowly moved from side to side like a cat as it stalked its prey, its water-like skin rippled as it moved. I stood square and boldly said, "I represent the Company, and you're under arrest for contaminating, or attempting to contaminate water used by other living creatures." The demon turned and said in a somewhat unclear voice, as if he was talking through water.

"Who will stop me, you."

"Unless you surrender, I will use deadly force."

"The great Lacylok will never surrender, especially to the likes of a puny. Human. Weakling." Then he turned, placed a blue hand into the water, and began to soak it up, growing larger.

I need to get him away from the water. "Guess you're just too scared!" I yelled trying to get his attention. "Wow, Lacylok I knew you were stupid, and non-superior, but I never would have guessed you to be a coward."

He turned toward me and said, "You're wasting my time, besides I will never surrender."

"Well, then I will give you three chances to surrender, but after that I have full authority to end your life." He let out a deep laugh that sounded like the ocean's ruffest waves. Then, snorting, he took a step forward with a lash of his tail.