Chapter Twenty-Six: Hiccup's Big Announcement

Toothless fumed all throughout the second meeting, feeling especially peeved at the whole 'mating' incident. He was thankful that Valka managed to create a cover-story for him on the spot but of all the things she had to say! He groaned silently for the umpteenth time and covered his eyes with his palm.

He was so embarrassed.

Hiccup wasn't about to let him live this down either, occasionally shooting him exaggerated winks which Toothless growled at.

He wished Valka could've just told them he was on some grand adventure or something. It would've sounded cooler and a lot less of a joke.

'Where the Thor did she even get that idea from?!' he questioned in bewilderment, wanting to die the second the word 'mate' crossed his mind.

Toothless shuddered. 

He noticed that there were a lot of vikings in the Great Hall who were there for supper and for Hiccup's big announcement. 

The Alpha leaned against a pillar, metal leg clicking against the ground in boredom. He'd been waiting for Sirena for ages. He hadn't seen her since she'd been hauled off by Tuff to the twins' hut, which was hours ago.

A sigh left his lips.

One of the Zippleback heads rested on his shoulder, letting out a hiss.

"I'm fine, Belch."

The other head appeared on his other shoulder, growling in annoyance. 

"U-uh, I meant Barf... Sorry Belch."

They screeched at him in unison, and he could only imagine that they were reprimanding him for mixing them up again. It was just something that happened whenever his mind was cluttered.

"Hey, don't get that attitude up with me," he sassed and playfully pushed them away.

They roared dramatically and sauntered away to annoy a sleeping Hookfang.

Toothless shook his head at them before someone came bounding up towards him.

"Stormfly!"

She bobbed her head at him and squawked loudly, which he didn't understand. 

She looked a lot larger, since he was no longer a dragon. The Nadder loomed over him, as she cocked her head at him. She flung something in his direction.

He caught the slimy object an inch before it hit his face and eyed it. It was an Icelandic Cod, his favourite. Toothless held it in his hand awhile and looked back up at her large anticipative eyes. He shook his head at her.

"I can't eat fish anymore. You know that," he muttered quietly and chucked it back to her.

She caught it in her mouth and reluctantly gulped it down.

He smiled at her sadly. He missed eating fish but he couldn't stand it as a human. It made him too nauseous. There were so many little things he missed doing, that he'd taken for granted. Little moments he would get joy out of simply being a dragon.

She saw how crestfallen he looked and did the first thing that popped into her mind.

Stormfly swiped at his metal leg with her tail, sending him crashing to the ground.

"Hey!" he cried and sat up, rubbing his head in pain, "What was that for?!"

She screeched and flared her wings, looking as if she were about to attack.

Toothless narrowed his eyes at her mischievously while she snickered at him arrogantly.

"Alright," he said and dusted himself off, "Just make sure Astrid doesn't see this."