CHAPTER 4

Please, oh god please tell me why Im working on this again?

This time though, Im not gonna try to follow anything in the show, and, Im not gonna get the flash involved (too much) because thats where it went downhill

Wish me luck :)

Nicos POV

People say that when you wake up from a deep sleep that your eyelids tend to flutter open.

I can tell you for sure, that this is not the case.

When I woke up in the  room I had been asleep in, I had to pry my eyelids open and rub them to get all of the crust away, not really a pleasant feeling.

I could hear a steady beep slowley begin to quicken, so I spared a glance around the bright room to see what it was.

A heart monitor

No, no no no I cant be in a fucking hospital I cant-

Without a second thought about what I was doing, I pulled out the IV that was stuck on my left hand and rhe clip that had been placed on my finger as well.

There were a few pads stuck to my chest that I was less cautious with, ripping multibles of them off at once.

I heard the heart moniter stop beeping and I let out a deep breath.

I dont remember much about anything to be honest, but I dont like being hooked up or heald in anything.

Next thing I did was take a closer look around the room, no one was there but that didnt stop me from worrying about who brought me here.

Although it was well lit, I could feel that the room was underground in some way, amd there were several other hospital-like beds placed around the one I was in.

(This next part is completely my creation but I feel like the team would do sonething like this as a precaution)

Several things kept the room from feeling like a hospital was the amount of personality that the room heald.

The walls were painted a dark gray rather than a blinding white, and it had more of a yellowish tinge to the lighting that had less of a blinding affect.

Although the beds were temporary looking and hooked up with many different types or equipment, there were stands next to each of them with pictures of different families in frames.

I picked up one of the frames next to the bed I was in and noticed that it was a wedding photo of two men, one of the grooms was black with very fluffy looking black hair while the other, shorter groom  had tan skin with long black hair that framed his face.

Both were grinning so wide and staring into eachothers eyes, but if I remember correctly, the taller one was one of the men from the alleyway...

Fuck the alleyway
Fuckfuckfuck

I had completely forgotten about that.

Fear set deep on my veins as I ripped the sheets of off my body, not caring that I was only in my briefs. I swung both of my legs to the side of the bed, not taking notice of the cast that encased my foot up to my knee while I was in my panic to get out of where I was.

Needless to say, I didnt get too far.

My body collided on the floor with an audible smack which left my chest sting

I groaned as I heard the shuffling of sheets and bare footsteps on the floor.

Quickly disregaurding the pain in my foot and my chest, I turned to look at who was approaching.

He had very short, dark hair and tan skin. His face was littered with scars.
Must be another guy from the alley.

I tried to scoot away from him and to the exit but he walked to the doorway and stood in the frame.

"Just, don't try, kid," he huffed. "You're hurt, you aint getting places."

I stared at him, narrowing my eyelids around my dark irises. He was right, but hell if i was gonna let him know that.

"I'm n-not a ki-kid." I growled.

He merely raised an eyebrow and let out a chuckle.

"Mm, okay then Mr Hot topic, its bedtime."

He starts walking over to me and i start to scoot away again, this time wedging myself under the bed so that he couldn't reach me.

He groaned. "Oh you are such a kid, you know that right?"

I merely stuck my tongue out and blew it at him.

"Okay kid you're digging your own grave here-"

He gets down on the floor, his stomach pressing against it and an annoyed expression on his face.
"Gotcha."

I did the only thing that I could think of.

I stuck my finger in my mouth and then smeared my spit across his cheek.

•••

It had been a good twenty minutes of me laying underneath of the bed and the scar-faced man laying on the floor, close enough for me not to try anything, yet out of my arms reach by far.

He was on his phone, but every minute or so he would look over his shoulder, glaring at me ask i smirked from underneath the saftey of the bed.

"Ya know, kid, if you sit on top of the bed it'd be a helluva lot easier for the both of us,"

I just gathered a bunch of spit at the front of my mouth and blew a spit bubble, letting it pop messily and then resting my chin back on my hands.

He looked at me with disgust and grunted.
"As far as I know, only little kids blow spit bubbles. What are you, 10? 12?"

I glared at him once again. "Im th-thirt-teen you id-idoit-t."

With one last side eye at me he went back to him phone, scrolled a second and put it back up to his ear.

"Hey Smoak,"

Someone said a few words on the other line.

"Yeah, kid's up, but he doesn't like me."

...

"Listen I dont wanna talk about it, can you and hoss just get over here?"

The person at the other end spoke for a bit more before the scar man responded.

"Can't Will just stay alone for a couple hours? I mean, unless you want him finding out about everything."

((Im running out of ways to frase this :/))

"I mean, I'd never tell my little girl about this but if you guys want to, now might be a good time. Plus, I dont think this kid likes adults."

So the dickheads got a daughter.

"Okay Smoak, see you in 15."

He turned to me.
"I hope you dont mind a playdate kid, but be nice. If not hoss is gonna kick your ass."

••

Okay then, I realize many of you thought this wasn't going to continue but if you wanted it to, its you lucky day

Please let me know what you think, and ill have the next chapet oit soon since my school got Corona-cancelled for another week.