"i've lost hope"

I pull out another blazer, placing it on the bed with the rest of my clothes. I sigh, not liking the tie and going to swap it, but when I turn round I see Blake, staring at me in shock and confusion.

"George... what are you doing?" He says slowly, edging his way into the room. I ignore his stares and make my way over to my cupboard, opening it and searching for a different tie.

"You know exactly what I'm doing Blake." I murmur, but he hears me perfectly well.

"George, you'd better not be doing what I think you're doing." He says sternly, but I can hear the underlying tone of panic in his voice.

"I am." The sentance is bland and short, but makes Blake gasp nonetheless.

"You-You said you wouldn't... You-You can't!" He stumbles over his words, tears filling up in his eyes. I look away from him so that he can't see the ones filling mine.

"And why can't I?" My voice is weak but I refuse to back down now. It's taken me ages to convince myself, but I'm in my own head now.

"Because he's not dead!" Blake howls at me, making me snap my gaze angrily at him.

"And how are you so sure about that?" I snap, watching Blakes face harden as more tears fall down his cheeks.

"Because I know Reece! He wouldn't give up on us like that, and I know you know this!" His voice is venomous, and my bottom lip trembles.

"Blake, just accept it, he's dead. And I'm going to this funeral whether you like it or not." Blake just stays silent after this, his heart breaking at my words.

"George, you can't just give up on him... You're the only one who still believes in him." Blake's voice is quiet, barely there, and I have to strain to listen to him.

"I'm sorry Blake. I've lost hope."