1. What has been your greatest accomplishment in life so far?

''Do you think the teacher knew I was into him?'' Laurence asked. His make up was very subtle but noticeable and his hair had so much gel it looked dangerous to touch.
''Let's just say that subtlety is not your forte.'' I put my books in my locker before it got slammed shut by Laurence's polished nails.
''Help me.'' He made his puppy face and I scowled.
''Begging does not suit you.'' I sighed and started walking to our next class. Laurence followed and waved hi to almost everyone we passed. As the 'only' gay guy in our school, Laurence was very popular.
''Why don't you pick someone of your own age for once?''
''Please. Do you know how gross teenagers are? Besides,'' he gave some girls I'd never seen before air kisses, ''I like them more experienced.'' I rolled my eyes.
We parted ways for the next class and I took the chair next to Kyle. He'd saved me a seat, as always.
"What has been your greatest accomplishment in life so far?''
''Getting out of bed this morning. I barely slept four hours.'' I yawned and sat down.
"These questions are getting harder and harder every day.'' He took one more look at the question on the back of the chocolate, unpacked it and put it in his mouth.
''Are you going to the party at Marilyn's tonight?'' Kyle asked.
I ignored him but then he mumbled something.
''What did you say?''
''David's coming."
''I was coming anyway.'' I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the thought of seeing David. He was one of the most handsome boys I'd ever seen. We met over the summer when he moved in at Kyle's, they were cousins. The past couple of months we had started dating and I'd gotten to know David a little better each day.
''Pants on fire.'' Kyle poked me and I hit him as revenge.

Later that evening, I arrived at Marilyn's party. As always, I was later than everyone else and the only one sober enough to walk straight. The life of the party was Laurence and his posse of girls. He loved to be the center of attention and the way he danced, everyone had to watch. Even though we were best friends, we didn't have the same friends or lifestyle. Our friendship was based on mostly having the same sense of humor, reading the same books and watching the same series and films. It worked for us.

So at parties, we almost never talked to each other. He was usually so drunk he couldn't even remember the whole night so there was no point in saying hi. Thank god I had other friends, I thought. And just in time, Kyle emerged from the kitchen.

"Is this what you're wearing?'' He asked.
''What do you mean?'' I did a quick scan of my outfit – a short skirt and a low cut t-shirt – before realizing he was looking me up and down.
''I can see about everything. Don't you think it's a bit ... slutty?''
''Well sorry, dad.'' I mocked him. ''You wouldn't complain about other girls being too naked here.'' ''True, but those are not friends. Those are girls I'd like to f-''
''Enough!'' I turned around with my hands covering my ears and walked away. I thought of Kyle as a brother and him even talking about sex made me shiver. A couple of minutes later, I saw Kyle had found a victim and I gave him a quick thumbs up as he disappeared out the back door with the girl.

It was then that I spotted David. He was standing in the middle of a little group of people and I couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked. I almost went over to say hi but something stopped me. One of the guys standing next to David, seemed oddly familiar.
My thoughts were interrupted when a drunk Lennie tapped my shoulder.

''Hey Elena, what's up?''

Lennie was one of my few girlfriends. I normally didn't get along very well with girls. But she was one of those girls you just couldn't couldn't love.

''Lennie, easy on the drinks, yeah?'' I put away her beer and she shrugged.

''Do you know the people David's hanging out with?'' I asked her, she should still be sober enough for questions.

''Erm, I don't think I've ever seen them.'' She squinted her eyes as if she were thinking really hard. Five seconds later, she decided. ''Nope, never seen them.''

David must've felt us staring at his back because he turned around and looked me straight in the eyes. His smile made me smile and I waved. He waved me over and as I was about to walk there, his friend turned and I stopped walking. It was Jared. After giving me a quick glance, he took out his phone, dialed a number and walked away. As I made a move to go after him, an arm crept around my waist and pushed me back.
''Not even a quick hello?'' David mumbled in my ear. As much as I liked the boy, I couldn't even smile.
''Hey, what's wrong?'' he asked and let me go.
''How do you know Jared?'' I asked.
''He's a friend of a friend. Why?'' David asked. A sly smile played around his lips.
''Are you interested in him?'' He raised an eyebrow and I had to laugh.
''No, idiot. Are you?'' I teased back.
''He does have nice shoulders.'' He shrugged and pushed me closer. David came closer, leaned in to kiss me but waited for my permission. I eagerly accepted and kissed him, Jared's appearance pushed to the back of my mind.

Later that night, I tried to look for Jared but couldn't find him anymore. It was definitely not good that he'd seen me here. I really didn't want to move, not now. But I might have to sooner than I wanted.