falling

c a m i l a

it's been two weeks, two endless weeks of nonstop gifts from joey, morning and goodnight texts, and the occasional "imy" messages throughout the day.

he'd see me at school, and he'd offer to pick me up and drive me to and from school, everything that he was doing made me get closer and closer to falling for him, more than i have already.

he's really trying, and i might be dragging it out more than it needs to be but i need to know that he isn't just going to go do something he'll regret when things get tough.

"when are you going to stop torturing him?" my mom asks, sliding my phone over the granite counter top, she doesn't know, to the full extent what joey did or what happened at the junior prom but she does know that we aren't in the best place, and him, doing all of these things to win me over gives her some sort of amusement.

"very funny, i'm going to head upstairs and call him. if you need anything call me." grabbing my phone and walking upstairs i hear her faintly giggle.

it took three rings of the dial tone before joey picked up.

"hey cami." his voice is soft and a bit strained, i can't help but feel guilt knowing he hasn't been sleeping much.

"hey joey, have you slept much?" i can't help but ask, even if i knew the answer.

"not really, but i'm fine. are you okay? do you need anything?" i try fighting a smile but fail as i responde.

"no joey, do you want to come over?" he's quick to respond and before the sentence can finish leaving his mouth the sound of keys jangling can be heard over the line.

"yes, i'll be over soon."

"okay, i'll see you when you get here, bye." a car door is closed and the keys sound one last time.

"bye love."

>>

joey walked into my room, a cup of red bull in his hand and his keys in the other. he was wearing a red hoodie with a small embroidered black heart in the corner and a pair of grey joggers.

his eyes almost matched the bright red he was wearing and i could tell he was wearing himself thin.

he stood there for a second, a rush or uncertainty clearly laced across his face.

"you can sit." i say, softly, and he does but only feet away from me, at the edge of the bed.

"it's okay joey."

"i know, i just don't want to do the wrong thing and then make you mad." his words come out soft yet fast and it takes me a second to figure out what he said.

"i'm- just come here joey." he nods his head, placing the red bull on my nightstand and takes a seat next to me.

"how've you been?" he asks reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "i'm okay, but you aren't. you have been sleeping and not just drinking red bull's and coffee to stay awake right?" he looks down at the keys in his hands, a small smile pin his lips.

"no, of course not, coffee is nasty." his tone is playful for a second and we both begin to lightly laugh.

without thinking i grab ahold of of his sweater and tug at it a bit, just enough to get him to lean forward.

"you need sleep joey." he shakes his head as he places it on my shoulder, protesting me further.

"yes you do, i can tell you aren't sleeping at all, please just lay down." i attempt to lay him back but his hands and clasped down tightly to the clothes shirt i'm wearing.

"i came over here to hang out with you, not to sleep." his words come out groggily as i move my hands from his sleeve to his hair.

"i asked you to come over because you need sleep. just be quiet and lay down." this time he says nothing and his head falls gracefully on the pillow behavior dm him.

when he's finally down i position myself where my head is on his chest, he wraps his arms around me, tightly.

"i missed you." he speaks slowly, his eyes closed and his head closer to me than before. he's now turned on his side in the fetal position.

"me too." i admit. no matter how mad at him i was, or how much i wanted to prove my point, the constant need to have him in my life always stayed with me.

"i'm really trying to earn your trust."

"i know you are." i pull my arm up making his grip loosen, taking that chance i grab his hand and intertwine our fingers, rubbing on the small, marking on his hand. the initials C.C.

before he can say anything else, i speak one last time.

"go go sleep baby, you can't be hurting yourself like this." soon after, soft little snores are heard falling from his lips, one by one, his chest moves up and down slowly.

i place a small kiss on his knuckles and drift into a small slumber.

-
is she forgiving a little too easily, or do you think joey knows her worth now?

IM SORRY THIS IS SO LAYW BUT HAPPY NEW YEAR's EVe