Grievances

There was something humbling and absolutely humiliating about fall from wealth

There was something humbling and absolutely humiliating about fall from wealth. Jeon Jungkook was the youngest of his family of four. Eomma and Appa's darling son, the apple of his brother's eye. His family's greatest treasure and also their greatest fear. He had grown up surrounded by everything a child could possibly dream of and more. Parents to dote on him, an older brother to take the blame of the trouble he caused, relatives to spoil him and servants to cater to his every whim and fancy. A huge house, the latest video games, the best education money could give, parents to support his dreams and friends to encourage him.

Maybe that's why things had been so fucking hard after it all.

Being all alone in a strange little town, surrounded by strangers who gave no damn about him, with no money, no contacts, no place to live, no insurance and no job? All this while he would have an extra mouth to feed within a few months?

Had he run into the wrong crowd, had he been at the wrong place at the wrong time, had he let everything that had happened consume his very being and drowned himself in his sorrows and his fears and his regrets, he might have been somewhere- anywhere- else right now. Not making money waiting tables at a small diner in a town quite literally in the middle of nowhere.

He still had no idea how he ended up here. All he remembers is getting smuggled away from there in the dead of the night by the only person who he could still trust in the palace of his nightmares and his dreams. The place that took, no ripped, everything away from him.

He remembers stumbling out of the car, not even slowing down when he heard her voice telling him to wait and to just listen. All he remembers is wanting to get as far away from it all he could. Even if it meant losing the only support he had left.

He remembers running, lots and lots of running. He thinks he remembers stumbling and a really really bad headache. Just the fear and pain and confusion and exhaustion making his head pound and his bones ache. And then he remembers nothing of that night.

When he woke up again, he was lying on a tiny bed in a small, dark room. Later he would learn that it was the best clinic in the strange little town he had stumbled into. There had been a barely qualified nurse, barely qualified on paper that is grandma Minsoe had the kind of deep, knowing eyes that every time she had held his gaze, he had felt like she knew all his secrets. It had taken him a while to get used to his new reality. He'd been sleeping for a week(forcibly so his body could just adjust to everything), he now had no one to call his own and oh! he had a kid on the way! Splendid! Lovely! 10/10 would recommend!