Life Sucks

Gale's morning started off like any other. She woke up refreshed, and feeling good. Today she was going to surprise her boyfriend of ten months, and fly over to see him.

But then life decided to punch her in the gut. It was the first serious relationship that she had ever had. She thought that he was the one. But then she was woken up by a text he sent, saying that he hadn't actually loved her as much as he said. He said that he felt guilty leading her on, and that she could sell anything he got her.

Gale continued to cry until Jarvis spoke up.

"Miss Stark, I'm detecting an elevation in your heart rate, and an elevation in your stress levels. Shall I alert your brother?"

Gale wiped her eyes, and took a deep breath.

"No thank you, Jarvis. I'll be fine. What time is it?"

"It is 3:45. Would you like a forecast?"

"Please."

"It's a nice 75°, with a chance of being partly cloudy later this evening. I would suggest wearing something with short sleeves."

"Thank you, Jarvis."

Gale got up, and walked into her bathroom/walk-in closet. She started her shower, discarded her clothes. The warmth of the water help to calm Gale down a little bit. Once she was scrubbed clean, Gale shut the water off. As she dried her self off, Jarvis spoke up once again.

"Miss, your brother is calling. Should I put him through?"

"Might as well."

"Gale! You up and ready yet?"

"Tony, I don't think I can make it tonight."

"Why not? I was going to introduce my badass sister to the world tonight!"

"I just can't, okay."

"You could bring your boyfriend. What was his name again? Jason? Jack?"

"It was Jim, and no. I can't bring him." Gale said, putting her undergarments on.

On the other end, Tony frowned. He could hear something in his sister's voice. Something he didn't like.

"Eli, is everything okay?" Tony asked, his voice having a gentle tone.

Hearing her old nickname brought Gale's world crashing down. She let out a sob that had been building since she got that horrid text.

"What did that dickbag do? Did he hurt you?"

"Tony, don't do anything stupid."

"What makes you think I'll do something stupid?"

"You're Tony Stark, you're famous for doing stupid stuff."

"I promise I won't do anything stupid. Even if I did, it's my job as your big brother to annoy you. Now tell me, what did that dickbag do?"

"He dumped me. I was going to surprise him, and fly over to see him. It was our ten month anniversary today, and I wanted to take him on a lunch date. As it turns out, he didn't love me like he said." Gale said, slipping a shirt on.

"You need to come tonight. It'll distract you. Besides, I finished your suit."

Gale paused her movements, the corners of her twitching.

"You did?"

"Yeah. I had Jarvis run tests, and it's ready to go."

Gale thought about it.

"Can you promise that the press won't interview me? I don't think I could handle it."

"I'll handle it. You just need to show up."

"Alright. But I can't promise to keep sober. After today, I really needs a drink."