Rock 'n Roll all night

*Trigger warning. The main character has symptoms of an anxiety attack that I've experienced. If this seems similar, or comfortable, please skip until you find a spot that's comfortable.

*Edit for grammar/spelling

Gale paced back and forth on the plane.

"You'll do fine." Pepper said in calm voice.

"If you say so. Is hot in here?" Gale asked, before leaning against the wall.

Recognizing the signs of an anxiety attack, Tony grabbed Gale's hands.

"Gale. Gale, look at me."

Gale looked at her brother, breathing shallow, heart beating erratically. She felt like people were jabbing needles into her skin over and over. She felt hot, and wanted nothing more than to leave.

"I need you to breathe. Take some deep breaths. Can you do that for me?"

Gale nodded. She inhaled, the exhaled.

"Good. Do you remember what Jarvis told us?"

"To not be afraid?"

"That's one part. What's the other part?"

Gale's eyes seemed to....flare with emotion as she thought of her old butler.

"That, if I am afraid, that it's okay. That, if an opportunity presents itself, take it. There won't be another one like it."

As she repeated Edwin Jarvis' words, her breathing became manageable, and heart rate returned to normal.

"Exactly. Now, take a deep breath, and put your helmet on. The world is about to become acquainted with Gale Stark."

......

The moment Gale landed on the stage, the crowd went nuts. The thought of Tony unveiling a new Iron Man suit wasn't something people thought would happen.

"Good, ain't it?" Tony asked.

The crowd roared. As Tony rattled on about the new suit, Gale was mentally preparing herself for the public's reaction. This would go really good. Or really, really bad.

"Now that I'm done talking about the suit, it's time to introduce you to the pilot. Pilot, remove your helmet if you would please."

It was now or never.

.....

Gale woke up the next morning, with a slight hangover. She got up, and carefully made her way to the bathroom to throw up. She was still hunched over the toilet, when Pepper walked in.

"I see last night's events took a toll."

"Ha, ha. Where's Tony?" Gale asked, flushing the toilet.

She shakily stood up, flushed, and walked over to the sink.

"He's already on his way back to DC. I elected to stay behind, and go with you. Here, I figured you'd need these."

Pepper handed Gale some Alieve.

"Did I do anything stupid?"

"No, thank god. You and I sat at the bar, while Tony schmoozed the crowd."

"How many drinks?"

"Ten shots of whiskey, four shots of vodka, and drink that was one part cherry liquor, one part tequila, and one part lemon juice. A cherry sour I think it was called."

"Did I say anything stupid?"

"Well, you did compliment the president on a job well done. While sounding sober, I might add."

Gale groaned.

"We're leaving in an hour, a driver will be waiting for you."

"Thanks, Pep."

~~~~

After Gale brushed her teeth, showered, and packed her bag, she changed into her outfit for the day. She wanted something comfortable, and didn't care what the paparazzi were gonna think.

She packed her bags, made her bed, and headed down to the lobby

She packed her bags, made her bed, and headed down to the lobby. She turned her keycard in, and followed her driver to the car.

"Where to, Ms. Stark?" Her driver asked.

"DC, please."