A Whole Latte Love

a/n: to soosuxx (b/c wattpad is a bitch nd sorry if i accidentally blew up ur mentions): this is a christian minecraft server so there will be no grinding of any sort ;( hopefully this is a temporary way to satiate your want of coffee shop aus . i'll write a full one when i finish anh or wnc idk let's just see where everything goes

y'all this is a mess, but i hope you all like it anyway :) and yes this is y'all's new years gift. you guys better enjoy it or else uwu

** EDIT (27/1/2019): Now in my one-shot collection. Might end up unpublishing this. (Will still be up on AO3.)

---

The first time they meet, it's because the mug sitting on the counter, a hot chocolate with whipped cream, is something both of them had ordered.

Arthit had arrived to the counter first, however, and therefore, the drink is his. He makes sure to say as much.

"You arrived first to the counter," Knot, the barista-cum-friend-of-Arthit, repeats flatly, taking the mug from the other's grasp and giving it to the man who had shifted from his defensive stance to leaning against the counter, giving the shorter a satisfied smirk.

Arthit rolls his eyes and makes sure to flip off the other as he walks away.

"His name is Kongpob," Knot whispers when Arthit's hot chocolate is ready.

"Whatever," the other replies, only to turn around and find Kongpob staring at him, smirk still on his face, even as he takes a long sip of his own drink.

Arthit sticks out his tongue then proceeds to burn the muscle when he tries to drink his hot chocolate.

He refrains from flipping off the other again when he sees Kongpob start to laugh.

-

The second time they meet, it's because hot chocolate! is being sung out by Knot, and Arthit decides to hang back, not wanting to deal with that brat, Kongpob, again. That's apparently the wrong move on his part, however, because soon Kongpob is placing a mug filled with hot chocolate and whipped cream on Arthit's table, smile on his face, though admittedly less smug this time. "Here."

"What?" Arthit asks, brow raising as he stares at the mug on the table in front of him.

"It's for you."

"Did you order for me or something?"

Kongpob laughs. "No. You already ordered. Hot chocolate with whipped cream?" He points to the mug. "I got a coffee." He lifts the cup in his other hand.

Suddenly, Arthit hates people who don't consistently order the same thing, though that had never even irked him before.

Arthit lifts the mug, biting back a wince when he takes a sip and it's too hot. "Fine," he says.

Kongpob doesn't move.

Arthit waves a hand. "You can go now."

"So not even a thanks?" Kongpob asks.

"I would have gotten up eventually," Arthit replies. "Bye, bye."

"I'll say it, anyway," Kongpob says. "You're welcome...." He lifts a brow.

Arthit takes another sip of hot chocolate.

"You're welcome...," Kongpob repeats; he begins to pull out the chair across from Arthit.

Fine. "Arthit," the man says before Kongpob can sit down. "It's Arthit."

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Kongpob asks, smug fucker. "You're welcome, Arthit."