Chapter 1: Part 1

3rd Person Point of View

...

"It was a rainy evening after school. Just like this one...

Running down the stairs, the kindly teacher lost her footing. She tumbled, and she fell...

and she died.

...You've all heard the stories, no? Before Notch Academy was built here, there was another school on this property. Brine Elementary School. It was called.

Such a horrible thing to happen... The principal was completely devastated.

He cared for the school as if it were his own child, you see.

But one thing led to another after the incident... and ultimately, a decision was reached. The school was to be shut down.

The principal was so stricken with grief over losing his precious child on the day of its closure... he climbed up to its roof and threw himself to his death...

Or so the story goes..."

Loud thunder and lightning clasped outside. Sky jumped and gasped.

"People though Brine Elementary was cursed, you see," Ian continued, ignoring Sky. "This was just the latest of many deaths to occur there. That's why it was torn down..."

Everyone in the room sighed, glad the story was over.

"However!"

Everyone suddenly cuddled up again, realizing it wasn't.

"They say the teacher who fell down the stairs still has no idea she's dead, even to this very day...

And on rainy evenings just like this, after our school day's come to an end...

...some claim she roams these darkened hallways...

s t i l l   b e l i e v i n g   t h e m   t o   b e   h e r   o w n. . ."

They all gulped.

"In fact," Ian said looking down and holding his chin. "It's almost time for her to make her rounds! Just after seven o'clock...

That's when she appears, always accompanied by a sudden blackout that leaves the entire building dark as night..."

He gave a creepy smile and said: "'Knock, knock,' you'll hear from the blackness, followed by the sound of the classroom door opening ssslowly sssliding open....

Her pale white face cuts through the stillness, her soft voice always echoes the same question: 'I s   a n y o n e   s t i l l   h e r e ?' And then..."

Suddenly, thunder and lightning shook the building and the thunder sounded like beating drums.

The entire room was plunged into darkness. The only light was the small candle in front of Ian.

"Yaaaaaaaargh!!!" Sky screamed.

"Gaaaaahhhhhh!!!!" Everyone else joined along.

"I-Its a blackout!" Sky stuttered.

"Sky! Pull yourself together!" Jerome yelled, his Stars Wars Chewbacca hat bobbing on his head. "Dont scare us like that!"

"B-But, it was s-scary!!" He whined.

"I don't like this..." Ian whispered in a panicked voice. "This shouldn't be happening..."

"Not bad, Ian." Quentin mocked, sitting next to a trembling Mitch. "You almost had me going there for a minute." He gave a smirk. He wore his Mudkip Pokemon shirt, which made his smirk have less of an effect.