Chapter 1: Part 2

Ah, I've seen you've returned. Well, don't let me stop you! START READING FOOL! XD

•••

"...ugh... Ow! My leg!" Jerome exclaimed. "I can move it, so I guess it's just a sprain..."

He looked around.

"...Huh?! Wh...where...?" He began to get nervous. "I'm... not home, am I?"

He squinted to see a bit better.

"Its so dark. I can barely see a thing."

He scanned his dark chocolate eyes around his surroundings. He could make out some old wooden desks and chairs.

"Is this the school?" He wondered. Some lights flickered to life as he was thinking to himself. "What's going on?"

He began to panic. "What in the Nether is this place?!"

He stood up and began to walk around. The some parts of the floors were gone, leaving gaps in the flooring. Desks and chairs were scattered around the room. He tried to lift one up, but they seemed like they were glued to the ground. The classroom was small, but had many desks inside it. Most of them were broken, as well as the chairs.

As he was walking around, he saw a figure across the room. He gasped. He'd recognize that person anywhere. The coffee colored hair. The checkered jacket.

It was Mitch.

His best friend was on the other side of the classroom!

"Mitch!" He called. "Mitch!!"

No response. His friend lay there, unmoving. It was hard to tell if he was breathing or not.

"...This isn't good!" Jerome whimpered, climbing over the glued desks and chairs trying to get to Mitch. He suddenly tripped and fell flat on his face.

"Oof! That really hurt..." He turned himself so that he was sitting and examined his ankle. "Ow...It's in pretty bad shape."

He pushed himself back up, trying his best not to put any weight on it. "I'm coming, Biggums. Just wait a little longer."

He was still able to get over the desks, but had to do it much slower because of his wound.

Once he climbed over, he rushed over to Mitch.

"Oh God, Mitch! Mitch?!" He cried. "Mit..." Jerome breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness he's still breathing..." He thought.

"Mitch! C'mon Mitch, wake up!" He nudged his friend a few times.

"Nng..."

Slowly, his light brown eyes fluttered open. "Huh? Jerome?" He asked, sitting up. "...What's up?"

"Don't you 'What's up' me! I thought you were dead!!"

Mitch merely smiled at him and looked around.

"...Uh...Where...Where are we?" He quickly became panicked. "What's going on?!"

"That's what I'd like to know." Jerome replied.

...

"Nnnnng...rrrrrrrrg...GRAH!! Mitch groaned. "Hooo... It's ain't budgin'."

He glanced from Jerome to the window.

"These things are sealed up tight! And it's pitch black out there. I can't make heads or tails of what I'm seeing."

Jerome walked over.

"What in the Nether is going on?!" He exclaimed.

"Well, this is clearly a school building..." Mitch said aloud.