Chapter 8:

Outside the barn, Ariel was waiting patiently by an orchid tree. Now I hate to sound bitter of my best friend and all, but she just looks so unreal. There she stood... "Miss every hair in place, designer clothes needed, and every guy wants me." While I look like a hobo just fresh out of a garbage can. I was a disgrace to her, but she never complained. She didn't seem to mind.

Hearing me coming Ariel turned around with a smile. But the smile quickly faded when she saw my "choice outfit of the day!"

(*A little sarcasm for ya there*)

"WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU WEARING!?" She demanded. I gave myself a once over.

"Ummmm, clothes?" It came out more like a question. She shook her head.

"You do realize we have school today right?" I nodded. She shook her head again and grabbed my arm. "Common. Let's go. No best friend of mine is gonna walk around like that." Now I would argue or act insulted but I just wasn't in the mood this morning. She pulled me along roughly while mumbling "hopeless."

We now reached just one of the dreadful places of my life. The pack house. Or should I say mansion. This place is meant to be big enough to hold the entire pack even though some pack members own houses of their own and live in them instead. Walking up to it was like waking up from a bad dream and finding out the dream was reality. Just a little hard to swallow. "Common!" Ariel whined tugging.

"Well someone's being even more impatient than usual." I fake scolded her. She blushed scarlet.

"I just don't want to be late to class is all." I rolled my eyes at that statement. There has NEVER EVER been a day when Ariel has been worried even the slightest about her school attendance record. She pulled me inside; against my will I might add; and almost immediately I bumped into trouble. "I'm just gonna get some water." Ariel stated. "Want any?" I shook my head. "Just head up to my room, I'll be there in a minute." So off I went and once I went around the first corner I bumped into the last person I wanted to see again. My "beloved" Alpha. And yet again he was NOT in the best of moods, I'm sure seeing the person he hates most didn't help either. He did not look happy to see me. By when is he ever really "happy" to see me? When I bumped into him, hard I might add, I fell to the ground with an oomph.

I looked up to see him glaring down and growling at me. "Get up you worthless girl!" He demanded. I immediately followed orders. Usually my punishments would be less painful if I did. As I got up I made sure my eyes were on the ground and my head was bowed in respect. I mean I may hate him but he IS my Alpha. I'm not that much of a b*tch.

"Watch where your going next time." He said growling lowly. Sometimes with him when he said things calmly was worse than when he was exploding. With this I didn't know what to expect. I nodded once and spoke to the floor.

"I'm sorry Alpha Grey I didn't see you com..." I started but he cut me off.

"Save your apologies, girl." He snarled. "I've heard enough of them over these years." I hated my eyes for starting to water. Betraying me, and showing my weakness and complete submission to this man.

"And further more, did I give you permission to address me, omega?" He asked angrily. I shook my head no. I knew that I was being tested. He had asked me this question many times when I addressed him. My cheek and I still remember the stinging sensation from when I answered the wrong way, cause I wasn't supposed to answer at all.

'Well at least I learn my lesson.' I thought sarcastically to myself.

"LOOK AT YOUR ALPHA WHEN HE IS TALKING TO YOU!" He snarled. I looked up but wanted to look anywhere but his angered gray eyes. Alpha grabbed my hair and yanked my head back making me whimper from the pain.

"Please..." I pleaded wanting to disappear. He growled and let go and took a step back as to look me straight in the eye.

"You worthless omegas do not speak unless spoken to." He stated. His eyes still filled with hatred. "Do you understand, dog?" He asked. Now that's the lowest of the low. Ugh that makes me so mad! To wolves being called a dog or a pup is the absolute insult and could be deadly if said by the wrong person. We consider dogs disgraces being pampered while we are wild.

Instead of digging myself into a deeper hole than I already was in I nodded and answered respectfully. "Yes Alpha, I understand your orders." He growled lowly to himself one more time before shoving me to the side and walking past. Once he was out of sight I let out a breath I didn't know I was even holding.

"Damn, maybe I was wrong." I mumbled to myself. "Maybe he does have some good days after all." I didn't even take one step before a hard object hit my head and knocked me to the floor yet again!

"Oh common!" I yelled and turned around until I realized who I yelled at.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY B*TCH!?" Alpha Grey snarled.

"Nothing Alpha!" I tried to say confidently, but my voice broke. Stupid emotions! He brought back his foot and kicked me in the stomach. HARD! Knocking the wind outta me.. I rolled over on the ground in pain. "I heard you mumble something now WHAT WAS IT!?" I tried to get up but kept looking at the floor.

"Nothing really, Please Alpha Grey! I meant no disrespect!" I pleaded. 'WHACK!' The stinging sensation was back for a visit' I thought. As I held my now throbbing face I looked up at my torturer.

"You disrespected me when we took you in and you ruined my life!" He screamed at my face. I let the tears flow freely now. Crying I just knew this could be the day I die. "Now get up you worthless little runt and fight like a real wolf would!" He snarled.

'Ouch, that hurt..' I thought. I started getting up, breathing heavily, hoping this would be over quickly. Whatever he was gonna do to me this time.. I hate to think... With a glance up I noticed Alpha lift his hand to strike me again.

I flinched back. Waiting for the impact and the pain. But.. 'Wait nothing??' I thought to myself. Something touched my leg and I opened my closed eyes to see... A water bottle?? Plus a VERY ANGRY Ariel.