chapter 11

arrival

Blinking away the block dots in my vision my body stirred, my hands jolted back behind me as tried my hardest to place them before me to rub my eyes. Turning my head side to side seeing flickers of light before letting my gaze land on the male with a charming smile sitting at a desk in front of me. I could feel my eyelids snap open as he leaned forward letting his face be shown to me by a few candles on his desk. My breath caught in my throat seeing the bandages around his eyes but he didn’t seemed to mind as he let out a light hearted chuckle. “It always catches people off guard.” My spit rushed back down at my throat as my tongue seemed to grow dry especially as my eyes landed on the shadow that loomed over him; it reached the roof with two large horns on the side of his head. “Please dear, don’t be too scared. I’m not going to hurt you.” He slowly stood up revealing his intimidating height before striding behind me, I flinched hearing a rip behind me but my heart seemed to dip feeling the restraints fall to the floor. “I want to make you a proposal.” I tilted my head back to look up at me as he loomed over my figure showing off his pearly whites. “Interested?” he teased. I let my gaze flicker to the floor before returning it to his face. “Curious.”

The well-dressed male leaned on his desk as he crossed a leg over the other, his shoulders rolled back as he tilted his head to the side. “It’s simple really-“my eyebrow rose as I cupped my hands in my lap. “Join my family! It’ll do you wonders!” he raised his hands up as he grinned before slamming his hands behind him; I flinched. “You stay by my side as my wife and you’ll be granted riches beyond you could imagine.” My fingered clenched. “With the poor people’s money? I don’t want that kind of cash. I want it by it being well earned not robbing it from others who could use it to help make their lives easier!” the man seemed impressed by the fact my voice dripped with venom as confidence radiated off each word, I two was impressed by myself. “You have a good heart miss (L/N), it makes me feel guilty for using you to get away with my little games~” what…?

Standing up with fists at my sides. “U-use me?! You were the one framing me?” he chuckled before running a hand in his slicked back ash coloured hair. “Well it was more of my darling than me.” Heeled footsteps clicked from the corner of the room as a woman identical to me waltzed over and draped an arm around his shoulder. “It was fun being you (Y/N), though it’s a shame what I had to do to get you so perfectly.” She ran her fingers through her hair before snatching it off; it was a mask?! My heart dropped to my stomach letting it sizzle in the acid, I took a step back. “You have much smoother skin than he did.” He? I shivered as she ran the back of her hand down my cheek. The black haired male ushered the woman to silence herself as he whispered something in her ear. “Jane darling tell the other girls that we have a guest with us.” She nodded before leaving without sparing me a glance.

Shaking his head he placed a hand on my cheek as he stared into my watery eyes. “While you are here call me Zalgo, ok?” I swatted his hand away before clutching my heart as I stumble into my seat. “I didn’t agree to stay here!” I shook my head as I forced back my tears. “WHERE ARE MY PARTNERS?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM?!” Zalgo smiled at my outburst as he slowly descended to his knees as he placed a hand on my own. “Why are you looking for them?” my hands trembled under his warm ones. “b-because I need them…” he just tutted at my answer as he tilted his head as he moved his face closer. “Do you really? All they do is treat you like a rag doll that Tobias boy just seems to do you more harm than anything.” How does he know this? “Wouldn’t you prefer it if you could drop the mask and be yourself? Not walking on eggshell because you’ll fear your end if you don’t.” “Think of it, isn’t it scary being with those ruffians? You spoke so boldly with me just moments ago. Wouldn’t you prefer to continue to say things without second thought?” my head lowered not wanting to look at him. His finger caressed my skin before letting out a sigh. “How about I let you stay here for a while and you give me your answer.” I nodded letting him guide me up and to the door.