Chapter Seventeen: Ex's & Oh's

Erik is 16 weeks pregnant. If he was compared to a human woman, he looks like he's at least 27 weeks. Damn the demon hormones. He rubs his stomach as he looks at the screen before him. He had begun to develop boobs and had gone bra shopping with Celine in the demon realm. It was an interesting experience. Right now, he's wearing some kind of sports bra and he's grateful for it cause as Celine warned, his newly developing breasts had begun discharging milk. Asrani had noticed it first when they were watching TV one night and noticed the wet spot. Erik was so embarrassed he locked himself in the nursery for an hour. He was lured out with food. 

Speaking of nursery, Lucifer had gifted the couple with a new house, close to them and to work. It's a townhouse he had renovated for the couple. It has three floors, not including the basement. On the first floor, it's the living room, kitchen and dining room. The second floor has a guest bedroom, a study, and a full bathroom. The third floor has the master bedroom which has a walk-in closet, a large bathroom with a tub and shower, the nursery with its own bathroom, and another bedroom which they had made into a library/sitting room. 

"How are you doing?" Maria asks and Erik looks up. 

"I'm good. Just finishing with this file--"

"I wasn't talking about the file Erik. I'm talking about the little one."

"Oh," Erik blushes. "I'm fine."

"Has he or she started kicking?"

"Yes but the cub is pretty calm. Gets really active when Asrani is near."

She smiles.

"My sister said that when she was pregnant with her daughter, anytime her husband spoke, she would kick. She is daddy's little girl."

Erik smiles as he stands.

"I need the bathroom and some lotion. These damn stretch marks."

Maria chuckles as Erik walks to the bathroom. He had thought he would have received many stares and comments but the men and women at SHIELD were quite accepting and excited for him. Guess after working with Aliens, humans with inhuman powers, and meetings gods, his pregnancy was nothing surprising.

"Mr. Stevens!"

"Hello Peter."

"Do you need help?"

"No. I'm just going to the bathroom."

"Mr. Rogers just went in there."

"Normally that would deter me but your godbrother just pushed on my bladder."

Peter giggles as Erik enters the bathroom and goes to a urinal, ignoring  Steve. He pees and wipes himself before flushing. He washes his hand before pushing his locs out his face. 

"It's rude to stare," Erik snapped.

"My apologies. I...I have never seen a pregnant man."

"Well, now you are."

Erik dries his hands before opening the door and walks out. 

"Hey, Erik," T'Challa says as he walks over. "How's the cub?"

"Good. Oh." He stops and T'Challa looks with concerns. "He just kicked. Guess he got excited."

"He's kicking?"

"Yeah. Want to feel?"

T'Challa nods and Erik takes his hand, pressing it to his stomach. They wait patiently until T'Challa speaks.

"I guess he doesn't--oh. Oh."

The baby kicks twice and Erik chuckles as T'Challa stares in awe.