2nd Tear

"Kerberos! Lets finish this!" The demon squad leader exclaimed as the hoard ran rampant on the stunned holy warriors. I closed my eyes and nodded slightly as I ran into the crossfire. Blazing out my claws, I cleaved through their nimble bodies trying to take as little damage as possible.

This battle was soon no longer a battle, it became a blood bath. Bodies of both the divine and the wretched everywhere with blood drenching the hellish grounds. I, myself, had taken a good beating, but I wasn't going down yet. Squeezing a body with my bare hands, I was interrupted by the cry of a fellow Succubus. "She's going for the souls awaiting judgement!" She exclaimed to us all. I then shot up and glanced back watching the leader make her way.

I growled furiously and ran towards her with every inch of speed I could bring out, tackling her to the ground. She gasped and looked back at me in surprise. As soon and she laid eyes on my I went to attack with my monstrously nails, but before I made contact, she elbowed my face, dazing me. She then kicked me off and sprung back up to her feet. "Didn't expect such a beast to catch up so quick..." She said as she took deep breaths. "This will be troublesome."

I stared at her as I stood up, regaining my posture. The atmosphere seemed to change as we both stood there. Within minutes, she pulled her sword and charged at me. "I wont let you get in the way of me saving my fallen brother's soul!" She exclaimed with determination. I then squinted and charged at her with a malevolent aura coming off of me.

"Those who come through the gates shall never leave.." I said in a melancholic tone as I swiped a black aura wave at her. Her eyes widened a bit and she quickly dodged and slashed a, ground breaking, light wave at me. I growled and crossed my arms infront of me, guarding myself til the wave vanished.

Catching me off gaurd, she had made her way around me and slashed along my back. Yelping in pain, I staggered forward, but soon retaliated by swinging my claws through her breastplate sending her into the ground. She groaned, but quickly rolled to the side before I could stomp through her stomach.

"Why must my brother suffer in this place?!" She exclaimed as she got to her feet again.

Within the blink of an eye, I was in her face with a blank expression. "The doing of man that send him to these depth is not of my control..." I said as I blasted her away with an energy pulse, "They recieve punishment for the wrongs they have done..." I then dashed towards her, sending a fury of devastating kicks and aura claw swipes.

Noticing me, she quickly regained posture and attempted to defend herself from the blows. "He did nothing wrong!" She yelled in anger as her blade slightly cracked. "Whatever he did, I'm sure he didn't mean to do it!

I growled and swung my arm back, making my claws sharper. "If you want to see him so bad..." I mumbled as my aura engulfed my whole arm, becoming sharper, "...then why not..." I swung my hand up catching her in a monsterous aura claw, "..Join him"

Trying to block the attack, the holy leaders blade snapped and she took the full blood and went flying, tumbling through the jagged ground. I looked over at her and mumbled, "Rest in despair..." I then began to turn but froze as I heard her laugh.

"Sorry, but...my time hasn't come just yet.." She baffled as she slowly got up to her feet, holding her arm. "But I can say...it's time to finish this..."

I glanced back at her, squinting. "This battle was your loss before it even started..." I quietly spoke.

She giggled, "Then let me turn it into a victory.." At that very moment, her arm glowed with holy markings and she slowly pointed it at me. "I am Ellie of the holy warriors and this is....Goodbye.." She said softly as her arm blazed and shor a huge white blast at me.

My eyes widened and I tried to defend myself, but due to the beating I took from the starting battle between our two armies. I couldnt withstand the power. Next thing I know, I'm on the ground, vision blurry and blacked out.

~~~

Hours passed and I finally came to. I sat up and scanned my surroundings, seeing nothing but the lifeless bodies of the fallen. Remembering what had happened, I sighed at the fact that I failed. She had most likely gotten the soul and returned to the surface.

I slowly took to my feet, ignoring my wounds. Knowing I would be punished upon this failure, I began to walk back to my post til I was interrupted by a messanger. "Kerberos!", he exclaimed coming from behind me. "You are being summoned to the throne room!"

I flinched right when the words 'throne room' exited his mouth. I then sighed out, "Give word I will be there as soon as possible.." The messenger nodded and flew off back towards the sinister castle where the master lies.

I sighed once again and took off towards the castle as I went back into my monsterous form. The gates began opening upon sight of me and I raced into the throne room coming to a complete halt.

The master demon sternly looked down on me as I bowed. "You have failed me, Kerberos..." He said angrily, "And you know the price of failure.."

I shook upon the thought and nodded replying, "Yes my lord.."

He then looked upon me with uncertainty. "But since you are my loyal gaurd dog..I shall give you a chance to redeem yourself..."

I looked up at him surprised and nodded quick. "Yes my lord..I wont fail you again.."

"Good.." He said abrasively, "Now leave at once..." I then turned and bolted out at once. This was the only way.