but you never go away ••

Chan's pack ran through the forest in complete unison

Chan's pack ran through the forest in complete unison. Chan led the pack as the strongest and highest ranking werewolf among them. He was the Alphas son after all. He was considered, among outsider terms, Prince of the wolves. He was strong physically and mentally, and no less that a great leader. However, many often remarked him to be quite cold and emotionally closed off. They say after the war, Chan was traumatized as a child. But Chan has neither acknowledged nor confirmed these suspicions.
The air was cold and alive with icy winds that carried droplets of water along for the ride. Chan's fur grew damp and cold but he marched on. Weather was never an issue for Chan or his pack. They were the toughest of the though and showed amazing resistance to any obstacle in their paths. They were currently on a mission to locate one of their own that had gone missing. Rumors had spread that humans had taken him. Chan hated humans. They took everything from him. They took his best friend. They took his happiness. Chan gritted his teeth as he broke out in a fast sprint. His pack quickly adapted speed and followed behind their leader. Chan was beginning to pick up hints of something strangely familiar in the air as they ran past an old tree. "Weird." Chan thought, but once they neared a roaring waterfall, Chan recognized the scent immediately. He stopped dead in his tracks. The pack, although confused, stopped as well. "What is it?" Minho asked Chan. Minho was Chan's trusted second in command. They had gone through rough battles together and fought side by side. Chan would consider them close. "Would you mind leading the rest of the hunt?" Chan asked him. Minho stared at him with confusion. "Why?" He questioned. Chan huffed, his breath becoming opaque in the air. "I need to check something. I'll return soon enough." Chan noted. Minho nodded and began leading the pack in the direction they were supposed to go while Chan ran towards a large secluded lake. Chan subtly switched from his large wolf form, to a more slim form, a humanoid of sorts. His ears folded down into his fluffy grey hair as he moved behind the loud waterfall. The scent was getting stronger.
———————————————————————
A/N: this chapter is so fucking short but the next one will be muuuuuch longer I PROMISE!! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜