Suicide

It hadn't been an easy feat trying to find the infamous Percy Jackson.

In fact, Nico and Lucas couldn't even find him, Percy had to find them.

After they had finally managed to secure an iris message with Percy, he informed him that he was on the opposite side of the country.

So all Nico and Lucas could do was wait for Percy to hop on his pegasus and fly to their location.

Which couldn't stay the same for more than twelve hours.

By the time three days had passed, the two boys were weary beyond belief.

They had spent every waking hour searching the woods around Kai's cave for any sight of her, unable to locate her whereabouts, or any clue as to where she had been taken.

Monsters popped out almost as common as leaves, seeking to destroy Nico and Lucas's hides.

Night was worse, at all times, at least one of the two boys had to stay awake and keep watch while the other rested.

During this whole thing, Nico discovered that Lucas had, in a state of nausea from overusing his abilities, at least admired Kai.

It wasn't that much of a surprise to Nico once Lucas admitted his crush on her since she first caught his attention.
Though Nico did find himself explaining that the way Lucas had gone about trying to impress Kai, by flirting with everyone except her, was not what he should've done.

From being inside her mind, if even for only a couple hours, Nico learned one thing was that Kai only wanted someone who was honest with her, and someone that actually cared for her wellbeing.

By the time Percy landed his alicorn into their temporary campsite, the two wanted to fall over and go into a coma.

(POV Kai)

She had never liked bridges.
Or heights.
Or falling.

It felt like an eternity as she fell through the air, to the watery depths below.

Her immobilizing fear grasped her.

Not that there was anything she could do to prevent her current predicament.

Embracing death, Kai closed her eyes, clutching her trident necklace around her neck.

Pov: Percy
Just as they got to her, she fell, like a rock, over the edge. Percy hadn't even been able to get out of the car yet.

Nico and Lucas and Percy ran to the rails.

"Percy!" Nico screeched.

"On it!" Percy gathered his strength, and used it to pull the lake's water up over the spiky rocks.

His half sister's body splashed into the water.

"Somethings wrong," Nico said. "She didn't try to save herself, and from here, I can feel her fading."

Nico sounded so distressed that Percy felt an even bigger pang in his chest.

Percy pulled the water up to the rail, carrying Kai in the tip of it. Gently, he placed her on the ground.

Nico ran to her side with Lucas close behind.

Percy just stood shocked at the slight figure below him. This is his sister. He has another sister. A sister like him.

"Is she ok?" Lucas asks, biting his lip in one spot that looked like he had been gnawing on for days.

"I'm not the child of Apollo, the god of healing! You tell me!" Nico exclaimed.