That Laugh Though...

Amy's pov
~~~~~~~~
Ben and I were still looking for my book bag....or Laughing Jack. We made some conversation while looking. Ben and I stopped walking. I sighed.

"We're never gonna find my book bag," I said with a frown. I heard a laugh.

"Not with that attitude, you won't," a guy chuckled. Ben and I turned around. We saw a tall clown with a cone nose and claws. He wore black and white. I swear, he was at least 6 feet tall. He also had on hand behind his back...as if he was hiding something. I was silent and Ben was strangely not talking. The clown laughed.

"Speechless I see...Are you scared, Amy?"

"How do you know my name?" I asked in a calm tone.

"I have my ways," he answered while grinning. That's when I realized who he was. Again, how stupid of me that I didn't see it before.

"You're Laughing Jack, aren't you?" I questioned. He chuckled.

"Yep, that's me," he turned to Ben, "why are you hanging out with her, Benny?" Ben gave an evil stare at L.J. and groaned.

"Why do YOU care L.J.?" Ben said angrily. L.J. shrugged. I felt awkward for some odd reason. I scratched the back of neck.

"Um...can you please tell me where my book bag is?" I asked. He gave me a sinister smile.

"Oh, you mean this?" he took my book bag from behind his back. I nodded.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, "Can you please give it back to me?" He laughed.

"No," he explained, "Why should I give it back to YOU?" I crossed my arms.

"Because it's MY book bag," I pleaded, "Please give me back my book bag..." He giggled. Gosh, this clown likes to laugh. Then again, his name IS Laughing Jack.

"You have to catch me first!" he exclaimed while he ran. I groaned.

"But, I don't even run fast," I mumbled as I ran after him. Ben followed. I ran as fast as I could, trying to catch this stupid clown. After awhile, I was going to tackle him, but when I did he disappeared. I landed hard on the ground. I even scratched my knee. I got up and Laughing Jack reappeared in front of me. He laughed at me. Ben stood next to me.

"That's not fair!" I whined, "You never told me you could disappear in a black smoke like that." L.J. popped a piece of candy into his mouth and grinned.

"You never asked if I could, Amy," I wasn't even gonna ask where he got the candy from. I didn't even care. I sighed. This was hopeless. I will never get my book bag back. Ben looked at me, then at L.J.

"L.J.," Ben groaned, "just give her back her book bag?" L.J. chuckled.

"Why do you care so much Ben?" he asked, "I thought you hated Amy and wanted to see her die." Ben looked at me and I looked at him. He turned away right when we made eye-contact.

"I-I don't care!" Ben stuttered quickly, "you can keep the bag for all I care." I looked at the ground. He was being so nice to me...why? Why would he say something liked that. Right when I looked back up, Laughing Jack grabbed my arm. He squeezed my arm so hard that it started to hurt, but hey...its better than claws right.

I winced silently and try to get myself free from his grip, but it was too strong. He bend down so we were eye level. We stared at each other for awhile and Ben just stood there.

"...What?" I questioned in a quiet tone. He looked at me like he was checking my face. He gave me a confused look.

"Why aren't you afraid of me?" he asked. Did he really think I wasn't scared because to be honest, I am terrified.

"I am afraid of you," I answered. He silently laughed.

"You don't tend to show it as much as your friends do," he explained as he let go of my arm. I rubbed it. It still hurt a bit. Laughing Jack held my book bag over his head.

"Come and get it, Gumdrop!" He exclaimed while laughing. Gumdrop? Oh great...another nickname. Then, an ear-piecing scream was heard. My eyes went wide.

"Bella," I said to myself quickly. It was Bella's scream. She was in trouble. Both the "murderers" looked at me.

"Sorry, b-but I have to go!" I exclaimed as I ran away from them. They didn't even follow me. I even left my book bag. Please let Bella be ok. I stopped and hid behind a trash can and saw something horrifying.

It was Bella and she was alive, but...she wasn't alone.

----------------------------------------------

Dun dun dun! CLIFFHANGER!!!

I am so evil (not really) :)

I hope you liked this chapter.

Bye and see you all next time!!!!

-Treble101