Chapter 1

——8 months later——
***Valeries POV**
     My phone rang in the kitchen, I groaned softly as I hauled myself up off of the couch and waddled towards the counter, my phone still going off. Looking at the caller ID that read Dad. I smiled and quickly pressed the answer button, starting off the call. "Hi dad, how's it going?" I asked, my quiet voice carrying through the silent apartment. "Valerie, I'm glad you answered, your siblings didn't, I was nervous you'd ignore me as well." He replied sounding happy. "I'm sure they'll call back." I said softly, a smile still playing on my lips. "Any way? What can I do for you?" I asked, trying to get to the point. I heard a sigh sound on the other end before dad continued. "I'm engaged." He admitted. I froze momentarily as I absorbed the information. Once the shock faded a smile took residency on my lips. "OH MY GOD, congratulations daddy! When is it? Oh my god, I'm so happy for you dad!" I gushed, happy my father had finally found someone that made him happy. He chuckled on the other end. "We haven't picked a date yet but we are having an engagement party this Saturday and I'd like you to come early and get to know her." He said, his smile clear through his voice. I smiled and glanced down at my large stomach with a grin. "Of course, I have a surprise for you as well." I said, still smiling. "Me and my boyfriend can be there in a few days." I assured. "Great, I can't wait baby! I'll see you then." He said as he ended the call. Dad has always called me his babygirl. Being the youngest meant I was spoiled and sheltered for most of my life and when I moved out and started my own business, my whole family was weary but they got used to the idea. 
     When Derek got home he agreed to take some time off of work to come and meet my family so we both scheduled to be there for about two weeks before we packed the car and got ready to go. After a two day trip with mostly Derek driving and taking small breaks we finally made it to Carrington mansion in Atlanta, Georgia. As we pulled up to the huge mansion, Derek's jaw dropped as he starred wide eyed. I giggled at his expression before reaching over and closing his open mouth. Wen the car came to a stop I pulled myself out of the car with great difficulty, smoothing out my white dress.

      Derek rushes around to my side of the car, swinging our bags over his shoulder as he grabbed my hand to try and help me up the steps

      Derek rushes around to my side of the car, swinging our bags over his shoulder as he grabbed my hand to try and help me up the steps. Me being the independent woman I am I tried not to put too much weight on him and do it myself but that didn't really happen seeing as I was eight and a half months pregnant. When we reached the door he went to knock but I just opened the doors seeing as this is my house still. I knew my dad didn't mind. He chuckled and helped me waddle through the door. As we entered the foyer Anders, dads butler, entered as well. His eyes widened when he got a glimpse of my stomach. He smiled softly at me before walking over and pulling me into a tight hug. Anders has always been like a second father to me. Seeing as my mom split when I was very young, Anders played a large part in my life growing up. I smiled widely at Anders when he pulled away. "Anders! It's so good to see you! I've missed you so much!!!" I gushed, heat rushing to my cheeks as he held me at an arms length to look at my still growing stomach. "You are absolutely glowing my dear." He said softly, smiling down at me. I giggled softly before turning and gesturing to Derek. "This is my boyfriend, Derek. Derek this is Anders, he's daddy's butler but he has always been like a second father to me." I introduced them as they shook hands. "Pleasure." Anders said, his face a little judgmental as he looked Derek over making me laugh quietly. Derek looked a bit uncomfortable as he replied. "Val speaks very highly of you. It's nice to meet you."
"Where's dad?" I asked Anders, looking around. "In his study. He's in a meeting at the moment." He said moving out of the way to let us walk past him. " you can wait in the green room." he said, leading the way. Derek looked confused as we followed and a few moments later we heard voices coming from the foyer again. We all walked out to see Fallon ad Steven conversing.
"Fallon, Steven, I didn't know your father was expecting you two. Especially you." Anders interrupted them, directing his last sentence at Steven who replied "I come for the hospitality" causing a slight giggle to escape my lips averting the attention towards me and Derek who look very out of place and uncomfortable. Fallon and Steven looked at me shocked as they stared at my belly. I self consciously placed my hand over the large bump as they stared for a minute before Fallon snapped out of it and walked over muttering and "oh my god" as she hugged me. Steven walking over next and doing the same. After Steven had finished hugging me Fallon turned to Anders, continuing the conversation telling Anders that dad had in fact called them and asked them to come. "He said you never responded." Anders countered as he rose and eyebrow. Steven threw an arm around Fallon's shoulder saying, "This is our response." Smugly. "Where is he?" Fallon squired as I turned to Derek, my hand wrapping around his causing him to release a small sigh and relax a little bit making me smile slightly. Sparks still crawled up my arm at his touch and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders as I leaned into his warm toned chest, his 6'2" frame towering over my 5'3" one. All Anders said in response before Fallon took of was that he was in a meeting and we all quickly followed as she strutted towards dads office. "Your family's a little interesting doll." Derek whispered in my ear, his warm breath against my ear made me shift slightly, his warm touch holding me in place though as we walked after Fallon and Steven. I giggled slightly and nodded.
     When we reached dads office Fallon just opened the doors without knocking or anything and walked right in. "Hey, guess who's- oh my god!" She started but stopped when she saw dad and his, I'm assuming, fiancée in a very compromising position on his desk making my cheeks flair and my head to turn into a wide eyed Derek's chest. "What the hell are you doing here?" Dad asked Fallon as his partner gasped, getting up and buttoning her shirt back up. "Who the hell are you doing here?" Steven countered, his head tilted slightly. My body was still turned towards Derek as I hid my face in his chest. Fallon spoke up after examining dads partner saying "I think she works for the company."
     I turned my head slightly to look at the scene before me to see the woman sit up stuttering "oh wow, these- these are your..." She didn't get to finish however as Fallon interrupted her saying "hi daddy." The woman paused a moment before finishing her sentence. "Your children."
Seeing that she knew who we are Steven in turned asked "and you are." Fallon snarkily told him she was looking for a promotion making me hit her shoulder lightly as my body was still turned against Derek's who was laughing at what Fallon had said making me hit him too.
     Dad started talking in a stern voice reprimanding Fallon for her rudeness. "This obviously isn't how I intended for you all to meet, but..." dad trailed off, buttoning up his shirt causing me to turn back to the scene slightly now that the two were covered up for the most part. That was definitely something I could have gone my whole life without seeing. "Why would we be meeting at all?" Fallon asked, confused. They don't know? I thought silently. "Fallon, Steven, Valerie, this is Cristal, my fiancée." Dad told us. Steven and Fallon were shocked while I squealed and turned fully, walking over and giving the smiling Latina woman a hug, ignoring my dad and hers shocked faces as they now saw my huge stomach. "It's so good to meet you. Dad sounded so happy when he called and asked me to come get to know you before the engagement party." I told her making her unfreeze and smile, hugging me back.
When dad finally unfroze he smiled and started freaking out. "When did this happen??" He yelled walking around to give me a hug and look at my stomach. I glanced back at Derek before smiling at my dad. " a little over eight months ago." I said shyly. My hands wrapping around my giant bump. Dad glanced at me before turning to Derek who stood nervously in the doorway. "And I'm assuming you're the father?" Dad asked him, stalking towards him slowly making him even more nervous and making me laugh quietly as Steven and Fallon smiled knowing how protective dad got over me. Derek nodded quickly, looking at me for help. I laughed before introducing everyone. "Dad, this is my long term boyfriend, Derek. Derek, this is my dad, Blake, my big sister, Fallon, and my big brother, Steven. And we were all introduced to cristal a minute ago so..." I trailed off.