A Warlock's Secret

(You – First Person)

I woke up to the feeling of warmth. It wasn't the kind of warmth that if you opened your eyes, it would disappear and make you wake up to the cold reality. So, I kept my eyes closed, breathing softly as the warmth began to take a form, arms pulled me into a body as their head rested upon mine. My legs pressed against theirs, and I began to realize that this warmth is no longer a figment of my imagination. My eyes opened cautiously as I pulled my head away to look at the situation at hand; a dark ship floating in space, a guardian sleeping peacefully, and the memory of death haunting me. Quickly shaking my head, I looked around for ghost. I couldn't move, pushing her off of the chair was out of the question and her warmth was the only thing making me feel alive. A headache slowly forming in my head, I peaked over to the main controls of the ship to see ghost floating there.

"Ghost...?" I kept my voice quiet as my apparent bead-head flopped from being on top of my head to covering my eyes. "Hmm? Oh, good morning Y/n. I'm... surprised to see you awake so soon." Stopping what he was doing, the ghost floated over to me and began to scan me. A blue light emitting from him as I closed my eyes in reaction. "Ah, that's bright!" I hissed out at him, trying to be courteous to the guardian who had snaked herself around my body. "Yes, my apologies. I was simply making sure that nothing was wrong..." he seemed to sigh in relief as the blue light vanished and allowed me to see again. "Yeah... I have some questions myself. What... what did she do to me? I'm grateful that she saved my life but..." my voice trailed off, not even understanding why she even bothered saving my life. "Yes... I guess I should explain. First off, Meza Xadihn is one of the older guardians. While her age should not concern you, she's held onto her old abilities from her days of being an active field guardian for Ikora. Meza is... different, and that's truly to say the least. She has a strange... almost bloodlust to kill when she's in the field. There was a time where we were stranded on the moon, and when she ran out of ammo, she killed hordes upon hordes of Hive with her bare hands. Of course, her powers aided her in this feat, but she truly becomes scary. In the recent years, she's been able to become softer and more relaxed. Whether she be calm in dangerous situations or being able to hold a gun in a shooting range and not go crazy with it. There was one time... but I'm sure that she wouldn't like me bringing that time up again." His story only confused me more. While it would explain why she wasn't afraid of a small army of Fallen. Trying to make sense of the information given to me, the body that had curled around me began to move.

The guardian began to pull herself up, forcing our legs to intertwine with each other as she yawned and stretched. "You know... It's not nice to talk about people like they aren't right in front of you" she softly teased as Meza pushed her hair back. Her face showed a smile, but her eyes showed that she was still tired. Even with our bodies still close together, when she moved her arms back to her side, I could feel the warmth also being pulled away with her. My body wanted to reach out and hold onto that warmth, but I held myself back and gave her a smile back. "I guess now would be a good time to thank you for literally saving my life..." the words felt heavy as they left my lips, the events that happened prior to waking up in the ship still weighing on Meza as well. "I'm... I'm sorry. This probably wasn't a good time to bring that up..." My eyes drifted down to the side to try and avoid looking in her direction. The silence was killing me, until she placed her hand softly under my chin and raised my head to look back up to hers. "Hey, I'm sure you have questions about what happened. And I promise that I'll tell you... but I want to make sure that we get back safely. And so I can take another nap" she gave a shy giggle as she finished her words. Something about her just made me smile, so I just smiled in response. Her body began to pull away from mine as she returned to her original sitting position on the floor of the ship. Looking back on the information that her ghost gave me, Meza was too kind of a person for who she used to be. While I was in her debt and grateful for everything she's done, there was an under-welling fear inside of me that I couldn't control.