Chapter 2 The Other Earth

Most students had awoken in remote region of forestry and others spawned around the realm ready to start again. Some were having seizures due to temporal shock travel, a similar feeling would be jet lag from a plane but much more intense. Those who recovered began digging through care packages and supplies, the professor seemed to prepare for anything. Some found a bag full of energy bars, others had tent equipment and electronics, "what a kind man." Kara started passing the bars around before Jake stopped her. We need to ration these, we don't know how long the world is going to stay like this. Kara knew he was right and started to put all the bars back, "alright, we just had lunch anyways."

"Going through that wormhole somehow made me hungry and nauseous at the same time". Sam said.

"I just saw you chow down a burger". Violet said.

"Hey, A man's gotta eat."

There wasn't any smoke in any direction, most assumed they were transported to a safe location near some remote forest. Kara looked through more bags as students were still recovering from the shock. Most were thinking the government would come looking for them with their trackers in their arms, but after seeing how many nukes went off they were likely on their own. The forest seemed to be unaffected by the blasts. Students were debating if they were still even in America. Jake began to move through the crowd making sure everyone was alright, he helped bag check with Kara and discovered the professor gave them everything for survival except one vital substance.

"Sam you have to announce to the camp we're out of water, you're in leadership so you make the announcement," Sam was still in utter shock and catching his breath barely able to speak let alone stand because of his asthma, so it seemed Jake had to take charge for now, he called everyone's attention from a large stone.

"Ok guys, it seems we have everything we need except water," the students looked at each other and began to panic once again, "What? How are we gonna survive in this place?" More students began to gather 'round as the bad news became their primary problem, "But the professor wouldn't take us here if he"... Violet quickly spoke out and loudly interrupted the student, "It was almost impossible to get more than 2 quarts a day on rations, you all knew how hard it was so just know he tried his best and we're here because of his kindness. He already did the impossible for us in front of your eyes, he should be remembered as a hero!"

Tobious walked out of the crowd, " Vi where is the professor?"

Jake slowly walked up to Violet after giving her heartfelt speech, her arms trembling with every step he took, she nodded side to side as he gazed at her eyes and told her he was sorry. The professors star pupil had a tear go down her eye, she almost fainted and knew the world had lost a brilliant mind. "I thought.. I saw him go in with us, That's why he pushed me he..." she was still in denial. The students knew what this meant to her, everyone in school knew they were like best friends from a different generation inspiring one another to pursue greater scientific endeavors, both were valedictorians. They were always trying to recruit other students to the physics department, he was the father she never had and everyone took a moment of silence bowing their heads in the professors honor.

Meanwhile Kara kept searching the duffel bags while everyone mourned and discovered two particular bags had marks, she opened them and were full of weapons and explosives, MP5's, M1911 pistols, S12's, Snipers and Jaeger 300. She couldn't believe what she just laid her eyes upon a plethora of different gun types she almost gasped and gave away what she discovered. Kara figured it would be best not to break the silence; she grabbed two of the duffle bags and ran into the forest.

Sam lifted his head and saw her run in but he didn't want to draw attention, she ran just outside the camp and made a trench to hide them. Aroused by the sight of so many weapons she needed to be rational because she knew most students may be unstable after what they'd been through. She grabbed the smallest weapons that could be hidden under the waist of her uniform skinny jeans, two blades, and a Colt .380. She figured if she kept it under her bomber jacket it wouldn't be seen. She needed to prepare for the worst case scenario, her eye caught by another gun a Kel-Tec P3AT.