3 - Isolation

My illness has abided by me for three years. Regardless of the situation, I doubt I'd be returning to school. I haven't made contact with my friends for so long. I didn't want to in the first place. I couldn't have them worrying about me and I considered keeping the sickness to myself. 

Considering the better option to be home schooled, I'm not entirely sure if it's really worth it. By now, I think I'll been in university filled with levels of stress that's nothing compared to being in this condition. 

It shouldn't be a problem in the first place. 

Aside from enrolling late into classes, I'm left with questions on what I want to do for my future. There are several paths that can either lead to one continuous road or various others. 

Architecture seems to be a nice job since all you have to do is design the houses. Presumably work on calculations with a bit of engineering. I've had a few experiences with working on machines and such, but there was one time that caused a forgettable trauma. 

With my parents successfully pursuing their careers in the medical field, I doubt I have the same passion as them. To save the lives of people depends on the situation. Anything can happen, no matter how hard one tries to save them.

My thoughts and blank gazes towards the wall for no particular reasons were distracted when someone entered my room. My Mother appears with an elated smile that projected warmness. Her genuine vibe persists and I wanted to savour that hope as well.

Is there a day that I can overcome this unknown sickness? Am I able to surpass this bedridden stage? Are the whispers just inside my head? Have I come too far where my sanity can't be reached by a normal person, like myself?

The idea of hope in a serious circumstance is always the first thought that comes to mind. With all the attempts to saving the life of a person or overcoming a tragedy, what is to come is hope and perseverance. 

Further dwelling into melancholia for so long may lead to depression and most likely to suicide. I don't want to kill myself for the sake of my happiness. Both Father and Mother have tried their best to find clues and answers. Trying to decipher my illness may consume more months later on and they wouldn't stop for nothing. 

There's no certainty that I'd be all well and again by today or tomorrow. 

My Mother is dressed nicely with a casual look for outings. It's quite rare to see Mother in her home attire, regardless of her daily shifts at the nearby hospital. She would always fill in a schedule to look after me, which is most of the time. 

Other colleagues of Mother's wouldn't mind nursing me, yet the feelings are clearly different compared to a parent and a stranger.

I find myself anticipating to venture the landscape outside the house. Back then as a child, I had my time to survey our neighbourhood and friends. To prolong the sulking and gloom will absolutely stir unease.

"Come on MinYoung, your Father is arriving in a few more minutes. He'll bring us to the park just like the last time. We'll be seeing some wonderful petals and the clear weather."

She helps me stand up from my resting position, which was difficult as my headache throbbed even more by the minimum movement. 

I stopped at my tracks and squeezed my eyes to ease the pain as much as possible. That was most likely the best solution that I could try to tolerate the constant headache. When my heart beats, the throbbing sends a familiar pulse straight to my head.

It's as if the head has a heart too, of which is excruciating and annoying.

"Take it easy. Your Father can wait." Mother surmises and gently grasps my frame.