I'm Sorry

I felt myself be lifted up as I opened my eyes slightly. The room was dark, signalling it was nighttime. I looked at who was holding me, Eyeball. I was too tired to fight back as I felt him lower me down onto the bed and cover me with the blanket. There was a few moments of silence before I heard the door shut. I sighed and rolled over, stretching my arm out, expecting him to be there but felt nothing.

I sat up slowly and looked around, I was on my own. I rubbed my eyes. Had that actually happened? I sighed again before flopping back down and letting my eyes shut as I felt myself drift off to sleep again.

The next morning I woke up to no-one again. I was alone still. I pulled myself out of bed and decided to get changed into a pair of shorts and plain white top. I quickly shoved my hair up into a ponytail and made my way downstairs.

All the boys were in the living room, talking quietly. Silence fell upon the room yet again as I walked in. They all looked up at me and Vince, who was sat next to Eyeball, stood up and moved out of the way, gesturing for me to sit.

I shook my head and walked past all the boys into the kitchen. Finding a clean glass I got myself a glass of water, leaning over the counter I drank it.

"Don't want Eyeball anymore?" I turned and saw Fuzzy.

I shrugged and turned away, looking out the window.

"Can I give you a bit of advice?"

I stayed facing the window and stayed silent. But I soon felt Fuzzy stood behind me.

"Stay with Eyeball. Or Ace takes that as the green light." He whispered.

I turned to him slightly with a raised eyebrow.

"Trust me, we all wouldn't but Ace wouldn't hold back."

I sighed and looked back out the window.

"Plus if there was ever a girl to cool the famous Chambers temper..." I faced him again and he smiled down at me. "It's you."

I smiled slightly before turning to the face the window. I don't know how he expected me to change Eyeball's temper. Yesterday didn't really work out. I felt Fuzzy gently hold my arm. I flinched slightly and looked down at it, the red mark was still there but had faded slightly.

"He regrets it you know?"

I pulled my arm away and ignored him.

"He came downstairs and said how if you were one of us he probably would have given you a whack but he couldn't. He stopped himself."

"That means nothing." I said quietly, taking another drink of water.

"He punched a hole in Ace's living room last night and then admitted he couldn't do it to you because he couldn't bear the idea of you leaving."

I turned to him. "He said that?"

Fuzzy nodded. "From a guy like us, with our reputation and way of life. You tell me again that it means nothing."

I paused. I couldn't. Fuzzy smiled slightly.

"Exactly. We may have bad tempers. We may get into fights and we may hurt people, physically or emotionally. But if anyone tries anything on you? Eyeball will kill them."

"I'll kill who?" We both turned and saw Eyeball standing in the doorway.

Fuzzy shrugged and quickly rushed off outside. Eyeball stepped forward but I automatically stepped back.

"Baby please..." He said, his voice trailing off.

"You hurt me Eyeball." I said, automatically gripping my arm, rubbing it slightly.