CHAPTER 9: Rumours and Letters

It had been a week since the party. A week since Scorpius woke up in Ciara's room. A week and yet everyone was still talking about it.

"Hey, Potter! Was that your first shag?"

"Ciara is it true Scorpius slept in your dorm last week?"

"You and Scorpius are a thing now eh?"

"She finally tamed the beast!"

This was the usual assortment of comments Ciara would receive as she walked through the corridors at any given time. She and Scorpius hadn't spoken since the morning after. They had steered clear of each other, something hard to do as they shared all their classes save for Divination.

She was on her way to Potions with Mandy on that particular day, with people shouting comments left, right and centre.

"How do you feel about all of this?" Mandy asked, looking at Ciara in concern.

"It sucks. I don't even know how people found out!"

"Mira O'Connell saw him leaving our dorm and put two and two together then went and told her brother Jack who told the whole fucking school."

"Why didn't she think he was just there to see you?"

"I slept in her dorm. I was with Anna in her dorm, she shares with Mira and I didn't want to wake you all so I just rated there."

"Who's Anna?"

"Anna Zabini. You always see me with her at lunch? Blonde hair?" Before Ciara could answer, she was pulled behind a stairwell roughly.

"Take this." A blonde girl, in sixth or seventh year, was looking at her. She was big, evidently strong. She thrust a letter into Ciara's hands. It was in an envelope and sealed, with Ciara written in big, loopy letters. She then pulled Ciara in by her collar, "Do not tell anyone what just happened. Don't show the note, don't mention me. or else."

"Wh-what?"

"I'm sorry." The girl whispered, looking around frantically. Her whole demeanour had changed completely. "Ok, look. Meet me at break. By Hagrid's hut, just inside the forbidden forest. We should be safe to talk there. Now go. Shoo!" and with that, the girl pushed Ciara back into the stream of people.

***

"Once you're done please bottle your verutaserum and put your name on the label. Then you may talk with the person sitting next to you until the end of the lesson." Professor Slughorn announced.

"Ciara? What have I done wrong now? It's gone rock hard!" Scorpius said in frustration, looking down at the blackened mess in his cauldron. Ciara giggles and rolled her eyes before looking at Scorpius' recipe.

"Here! You weren't supposed to add rats spit you were supposed to add snakes spit." She said, picking up the bottle of rat spit on the table.

"I couldn't find the snake spit so I just assumed it would be similar."

"It's right here!" Ciara held up the bottle of snake spit, which was sitting on her station. By this point, their interaction had drawn a lot of attention. For the most part, that lesson they had been completely ignoring each other. Intentionally that is, as to not fuel the fire. Apart from the odd cry of help from Scorpius they didn't speak.

"Oh god everyone is staring," Ciara whispered, leaning closer to him; not close enough to touch, just enough to smell his intoxicating scent. Like ocean breeze, fresh linen, and something sweet. Chocolate? No, it can't be. Maybe-

"Ciara? Are you ok?" She was shaken out of her trance by Scorpius, looking at her worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She mentally kicked herself for letting her think of him like that. It was obvious he didn't think the same way and it's not like they could have been together anyway.

"Good. Ever since Finnigan's party I've been worried about you. Whoever did that wasn't messing around."

"I know that Scorpius but I'm just going to ignore it. I haven't gotten anything since." She had in fact gotten something, a letter that was hidden in her robe, one she was itching to look at.

They were both silents for a minute before Scorpius spoke again.

"Ciara, can we talk? At break?"

"About what?" she asked uncertainly. A million thoughts rushed through her brain, ranging from outlandish fantasies that he would sweep her off her feet, kiss her and then they would run away together to more practical, yet not at all, things, like just a kiss. That would take place on a magic carpet. As he took her to his house to meet his father, as his official girlfriend.

"About this rumour! I can't handle it any more and I don't know the best way to stop it from going any further."

"Ok, but I can't do break."

"Why?"

"I have to speak with someone."

"Who?"

"You don't know her."

"I probably do Ciara."

"Nope. You definitely don't."

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like your hiding something!"

"I'm not hiding anything Scorpius."

"Malfoy and Potter! Stop bickering or I will move you!" Slughorn shouted at both Ciara and Scorpius.

"Then tell me who."

"This fifth year."

"Which fifth year?"

"Scorpius please stop acting like your my caretaker. I can take care of myself."

"I'm sure."

"That's it! 10 points from Slytherin! Each."

***

Ciara ran into the girls' toilet and into a stall. the minute she knew she was hidden she pulled the letter out of her robe and began to read.

To Ciara Potter, or is it Dursley?

I am writing to you in the utmost secrecy to tell you I am watching you. your every move is monitored by me or one of my many people. the girl you met today is just one of them. i have eyes everywhere. One wrong move and that will be the end of you. you will do as i say or i will expose everything about you. your little crush on Malfoy, your past growing up with the Dursleys. the fact that your mother was a slut who had you, an illegitimate child, out of wedlock. All you have to do to stop that from happening is make sure that James knows about Rose's little crush before half term.

Do not underestimate me, Ciara. I was the one who drugged you. I will be the one to end you if you don't comply.

from, your own personal hell.

ok this was quite short but it took me forever to write and i just wanted to finish it so yeah. the next one will be longer. Like, Comment and show your friends...