Chemicals

As his fingers slip down her body like a whisper, he says, "I found love with the chemicals"

she knows what he means by this. he loves her. she used to think that it would take a miracle for someone to love her, "I used to pray for a miracle, " she thinks to herself.

Now the two lovers sit by the summertime lake, "I used to sit by the waterside" her in his arms and he kisses her cheek and says "You're mine" but alas summer is over, "now I know it's over"

She says she's scared that their memories together will "start to slip away" and "fade away"

She's trembling with fear, "Hold me, I'm falling apart
And I'm scared and lost in the dark
And this feeling surely cannot last"

And he tries to take the feelings of fear away, "I took it away, took it away, away from you"

He drops his lover off at her father's house, knowing that he might never see her again. he walks her to the front porch, holding her close one last time, he walks away while she's desperately trying to hold on, "I held your hand but you let it go"

She sees him months later after all the tears had been shed. him holding another girl, giving his heart to her, "I knew your heart had found a home Now I know it's over"

She turns around and runs as fast as she can, out of her former lover's sight. almost like she's flying, "I flew it out into the sky"
her heart felt heavy much like a mountain, "Tryna run from this mountain I couldn't climb"
more tears were shed, "'Cause I knew I'd fall over"

Those memories didn't "slip away" or "fade away"
She remembered their last together, so fresh, much like an open wound.

She remembers how he held her when she thought her life was falling apart at that moment. She was scared but she hadn't lost him yet.

"Hold me, I'm falling apart

And I'm scared and lost in the dark

And this feeling surely can not last"

Her pain cannot be taken away like it was once. "So I took it away, I took it away"

It was 3am when she finally went home. she thought of all the plans and dreams that were broken. she wanted him to stay that night but she knew she couldn't ask because it would have caused more pain. "Don't go, won't you stay?
I can't stand to watch you walk away from me"