Chapter 28: Ragnorak Part 2

With the help of being rescued by Loki, they found themselves to be on a planet called Sakaar. It was bright and colorful. Loki never told her how but he came in favor of the Grandmaster, who seemed to be the world's leader. Originally, the Grandmaster planned to have Avalon participate in the contest of champions. After a long look over, the Grandmaster believed that the Stark girl was too beautiful to participate in such activities. Too brutal for such a lady.

Others around the Grandmaster agreed after seeing her dolled up in gold. Loki and she stayed together as a team. Avalon made friends with the other aliens on the planet. She grew to love it, especially after being told that no one was ever allowed to leave. Practically starting over in a new life on a new planet, she was able to tell whatever story she wanted in hopes of surviving.

Loki and Avalon grew close. He told her stories about Asgard and his time of traveling. She seemed eager and paid attention to every detail. The Grandmaster was fond of the duo. This sparked jealousy within Loki. Over the span of two weeks of Sakaar, the God refused to let Avalon out of his sight, out of fear of what the Grandmaster might do to Avalon.

At parties, as Avalon would socialize with others, many would eye her with lust. She was a smart girl but didn't know when to take a hint that someone was trying to lead her to bed when they spoke. She wasn't innocent, but in other ways she was. Relationships never took kindly to her. She never had time for them.

The first night Loki and Avalon were in Sakaar, she was so scared that she couldn't sleep. Her mind was too active for Loki's liking, she couldn't stop worrying. The second night, he encouraged her to share his bed with him. She was unsure at first, but then he promised that he wouldn't try anything with her. That was the night that Loki realized that his feelings for Avalon weren't friendly.

Each night after that, they remained together. If you invited one, you had to invite the other. Avalon knew when to leave and separate from the Mischievous God, but he didn't like to see her leave. He knew she could handle and protect herself, but he wanted to do it for her. The Grandmaster realized this and started to use this against Loki.

It was a typical party. One takes place before a night of Contest of Champions. Avalon was dressed in a new color that she adapted over the past week. The dark green leather suit fit her perfectly. Gold stitching went up and down the sides of the suit. The back of the suit was backless, showing her shoulders and upper back. Sometimes she wore a purple cape with it, and sometimes she didn't.

She sat on a couch, drink in hand with Loki next to her. She was involved in conversation until she heard Loki's name being called. At first, she ignored it but noticed that the voice belonged to someone she knew too well. Someone she worked with in many missions with the Avengers. She bumped Loki's left thigh and pointed.

"Loki? Loki! Avalon!" Thor called out. "Over here! Over here!"

Avalon stood up, grabbing Loki's hand to bring him over to Thor. The God was shushing the other as they approached.

"What?" Thor was stuck strapped to a chair.

"You're alive?" Loki looked at him in disbelief.

"Yes, of course, I'm alive," Thor said.

Loki asked, "What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean, what am I doing here? I'm stuck in this stupid chair." He pointed out.

"Really?" Avalon looked at him, cocking her head to the right, "I had no clue."

"Where's your chair?" Thor asked his brother.

"I didn't get a chair." He said

"Get me out of this one."

"I can't."