Chapter 39: End Game Part 5

They all sat in a diner. Bruce, Hulk, whatever the hell he had done to himself was sitting in front of them. Steve and Natasha were on one side of the table while Avalon was propped up against Scott and Astra. He had won the battle of getting the wall seat. She couldn't look directly in the eyes of Bruce, well Hulk, never mind.

"Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating here. Try some of that." He offered. "Have some eggs."

"I'm so confused," Scott said.

"Me too." Avalon still avoided eye contact with their green friend.

Scott had made direct eye contact with Astra, who had touched Avalon's shoulder, a purple glow came from the Stark, changing from Astra's new form back to her and Avalon's shared face. "Oh, this got worse."

"Oops, my bad. Hi," She realized. "Not sure if you are aware of our story, Avalon and I are the same, but we changed my face so no one confuses us. It's our special thing we have."

"Perfect timing," Avalon gave her a sarcastic thumbs up.

Bruce-Hulk chuckled, "These are confusing times."

"Right, no, no. That's not what I meant." Scott stammered.

"Nah, I get it. I'm kidding." He joked.

"He was never good with jokes," Avalon said to herself.

"I know, it's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now." Bruce-Hulk continued eating.

"Yeah. What? How? Why?" Scott keeps asking questions.

"I'll say it since no one else will. Bruce, you look ridiculous." Astra bluntly said, making everyone glare at her. "What? I'm just saying."

Avalon pats her shoulder, "Stop, just stop."

"Five years ago, we got our asses beat. Except it was worse for me, cause I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost, and then we all lost." He explained.

Avalon sighed heavily, "He's not wrong. Hulk got his ass kicked pretty badly by Thanos. He got his ass handed to him on priceless China."

"No one blamed you, Bruce." Nat tried to reassure him, ignoring Avalon.

"I did." They went silent. "For years, I've been treating the Hulk, like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then, I start looking at him as a cure. Eighteen months in the gamma lab, I put the brains and the brawn together, now look at me."

"Civilized Hulk, I like it." Avalon smiled and laughed.

"I don't," Astra said before Avalon kick her leg softly under the table. "Ouch, what? It's weird."

"Best of both worlds." He seemed happy.

"Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?" Three children walked up to their table.

"Yes."

"Can we get a photo?" A child asked.

"100%, little person. Come on, step on up. Do you mind?" Bruce offered Scott the phone.

"Oh, yeah, yeah." He agreed.

"Say green." Bruce smiled with the kids. "Did you get that?"

"That's a good one. Did you want to grab one with me? I'm Ant-Man." Scott asked the kids, making it awkward. "They're Hulk fans. They don't know Ant-Man. Nobody does."

"No, he wants you to take a picture with him." Bruce tried convincing the kids, but it wasn't happening.

"I don't want a picture," Scott said. "Yeah, look, he's even saying no, he doesn't. I don't want a picture with them.