▪ seventy six

▪ taejoon's pov

"hey soo, can i come in?"

i knocked on sooyoung's door and heard a dog bark from the inside. i smiled, knowing it was sooyoon who was barking.

"yeah, come in!"

i opened the door and immediately picked up the dog that ran towards me.

"sooyoon is the cutest dog ever." i smiled and looked up at sooyoung after setting her dog back down.

i was surprised when i saw another girl sitting beside her on her bed. they were very close and i quickly assumed it was jiyoon.

"oh nice to meet you jiyoon, im taejoon." i held out my hand and jiyoon shook it with a smile. "nice to meet you too."

i wiggled my eyebrows at sooyoung and she rolled her yes. "what did you need joon?" she asked and i smiled.

"well i just wanted to tell you that im going to jungmin's so if our dads come back then just tell them im anywhere but jungmin's, kay? like say im staying the night at jinwoo's or something." i said and sooyoung laughed, nodding her head.

"okay. do you plan on posting anything? then it'll just be a lost cause." sooyoung said and i shook my head. "i probably won't have time. min wants to talk about something so this could either end really good or really bad." i said and soo gave me an encouraging smile.

"im sure it'll be fine. good luck tae, i got your back but you do owe me after this." she said and i nodded. "thank you so much soo. i'll cover for you when you two go out somewhere. it was nice meeting you again. okay bye."

i waved and left her room after patting sooyoon's head and telling him goodbye.

i grabbed the keys to my car and hoped our parents would believe sooyoung when she tells them where i am.

if this goes really good then i plan on spending the night at jungmin's so i won't be home at all.

i sighed and got in my car, turning on the radio as i backed out of our large driveway. im really nervous about this talk with jungmin because we've been best friends our whole life and i don't want this to change that.

of course i want to be more than his best friend but i don't want to be less.

i don't want to hear him tell me he's not interested or seeing another guy because that would totally suck.

i remember in middle school, jungmin told me he had a crush on one of our friends at the time and i cried myself to sleep until he told me he didn't like him anymore.

i smiled softly at the memory as i pulled into jungmin's driveway.

i parked my car behind his and then got out of my car, messing with my keys as i walked up to his door.

jungmin told me i never had to knock when coming to his house so i just walked in, smiling at his parents and greeting them.

"hey hoseok, yoongi." i waved and they both waved back with smiles, hoseok's extra wide like always.

"i'll be upstairs with jungmin." i said and they nodded. "good luck." hoseok winked and i blushed, not knowing what that meant.

i opened jungmin's door once i got upstairs and he was sitting in the middle of his bed with his legs crossed. i smiled when i noticed the heart made out of rose petals on his bed.

he was right in the middle.

i closed the door and locked it quietly and then turned back towards jungmin who was waiting for me with his arms wide open.

i carefully got onto his bed, trying not to mess up the heart, and sat on his lap. he pulled me into a hug and i smiled, hugging him tightly.

"hi min." i whispered as he rubbed my back. "hey joon." he whispered back and i pulled away a bit so that id be able to look at him.

"this is really cute." i smiled and he nodded, shrugging his shoulders. "cause i did it." he joked and i chuckled quietly.

"yeah, yeah. what have you been trying to tell me?" i asked and jungmin bit his lip, starting to rub my back again.

he was nervous.

he was trying to distract himself but i knew it wasn't working. he was really nervous about telling me.

finally he opened his mouth to speak but he closed it and i sighed.

"is it really that hard to say min?" i asked and he shrugged again. "if so, you can tell me another time. i don't have to know right now."

jungmin shook his head at my suggestion. "tae i need to tell you now before things get worse." he said and my eyebrows furrowed.

"things get worse? we've been just fine recently... what do you mean by worse?" i asked and jungmin looked away.

i cupped his face in my hands and made him look at me. "now you have to tell me jung." i said and he grabbed my hands, removing them from his face.

"i think it'd be better for the both of us if we just remained friends. that way i can't lose you."

my eyes widened at what he said.

it was quiet for a minute as i let his words sink in and then my eyes filled with tears.

"what was your plan jungmin? act like you like me so you could have someone to kiss and someone to fuck? calling me baby and babe on instagram just to lead me on? everyone thinks we're something jungmin and i started to believe that too. you even put rose petals on your bed and got my hopes up because i came here hoping you'd finally ask me to be your boyfriend. i wanted you to be mine but i guess all you wanted was a fuck buddy, huh? no wonder they say never date your best friend."

i tried standing up but jungmin held me down.

"jooniebear please listen and let me explain. i don't want to hurt you tae—"

"a little too late for that, now let me go. you're just making things worse for yourself." i said and jungmin let go of the grip he had on my waist.

"joon please don't go. let me explain why—"

"i don't want to hear it right now jungmin! would you want to listen to my explanation if i was breaking your heart with every word i spoke!? i don't think so, so shut the hell up." i yelled and unlocked his door, opening it and closing it quickly behind me.

i wiped my tears as i ran down the stairs, immediately running towards the door when i got down the stairs.

"taejoon is everything alright?" hoseok asked and i smiled through my tears. "for your son? everything's perfect. for me? not so much. i'll see you guys later." i said and left the house, quickly getting into my car and driving off.

i didn't want to go home so i went to the only other place i could go.

jinwoo's.

taestan 💕

:)