Chapter 11

Marker; 8,138 reads and 631 votes
(Published 1-8-19)

AN; So I decided to publish this before I reached my goal of 650 because this chapter isn't really worth those 650 votes in my opinion. It's soooo boring compared to the chapter that is coming up next (not going to hold that for hostage it will go up when I complete it) . But I'm also a person of action and so it might not be boring to you. Also, do you guys like how I'm switching between the past and present? Lmk!

-Sam
————————————————————-
Summer Present

Me and Arthur emerged behind a gently sloping grassy hill. At the very top of this hill sat a Victorian style house. We took to the hill without much discussion, and only stopped when we reached its top and stood directly behind it.

It was too dark to make out the exact coloring of the house, but it appeared to be lite green with dark green gingerbread trimming. The large windows on its first two levels, casted a yellow glow onto the grass.  That very light illuminated the short, pointy, metal fence that laid between us  and the  warm, inviting comfort that the house promised.

"Do you think they would let me come in to dry off if I looked pathetic enough?" Arthur asked from beside me.

"If there is someone, anyone at all, that is attracted to me in the slightest who opens the door, you won't have to look pathetic at all, in fact nobody should be looking at you. You're dead, remember? I just have to look their eyes once, and they will do almost anything for me."

I breathed in deeply , "But I'm only using this power of mine  because its necessary," I said, more to myself than Arthur.

"Oh-okay," Arthur replied. "But what if someone that isn't into you answers the door?"

"Then we move onto another house."

"If that next house doesn't work out either, I might be in trouble. I don't feel so good if I was telling the truth. That and I don't see this  "next house" that you are talking about."

He was right, there wasn't any houses I could see from were I stood. To our right and left, nothing but dark fields of wild grass seemed to exist.

Arthur's teeth were now chattering loudly in my ear, and even in the limited light, I could see that his body was shaking. But this was only to be expected, these were human behaviors when they were cold.  The temperature had dropped quite a few degrees ever since the sun had set and his thin clothing were damp from the rain.

"Alright, let's hope this one works out then."

I wasn't quite as cold as he was, but I had a number of scratches on my feet and legs from our hike through the woods that pained me, and I would like to heal myself sooner rather than later.  I was usually better able to see in the dark, but  whatever poison father gave me, it not only had taken away my tail, but also most of my night vision too. Several branches, rocks, and sticks had gotten me already.

Arthur hoisted himself over the fence first and I gasped in horror.  If I thought I was bad off with me few scrapes, he was way worse off than me.  It looked like a bull shark had chewed into both of his legs. So much blood had run down his legs in fact, that he looked like he had rusty red socks on his bare feet.

I had been so focus on my own path through the woods, that I hadn't given much thought to how many times I had heard Arthur trip and fall. It was a lot now that I thought about it. I had almost fallen a couple of times, but had always managed to catch myself in the nick of time.

"Arthur your legs!" I exclaimed in a hush voice.

Arthur, who was now standing in the grass on the opposite side of the fence from me, looked down at himself and let out an audible gasp. "Bloody hell!  I didn't realize I scraped myself up that bad! I barely felt a thing, but I guess I'm so cold I can't really feel much at all, come to think of it."