2

Another arrow pierced through a squirrel and was forced into Jesus's arms. "Don't we have enough?" Jesus asked disgusted and saddened by the small creatures in his arms.

"No, we're gonna be on the road for awhile, we need all the food we can get" Daryl replied.
Jesus pouted "ok" he whined.

"Don't sound so pitiful" Daryl joked. Jesus nodded but didn't reply.
Daryl found something odd about that, Jesus loved talking, he'd never shut his mouth. So why on earth was he so quiet? Deep in Daryl's subconscious he knew but kept it down.

Jesus walked slowly pacing himself trying not to make much noise as to scare away possible food. He couldn't get his mind off of the kiss.
The feeling of Daryl's chapped lips against his, he loved it, he wanted more of it.

He bumped into Daryl who had gone still with an "oomf".
Jesus looked at him "sorry" he mumbled. Daryl didn't pay attention though as footsteps were heard. Daryl lifted his bow and saw a walker stumbling along.

Daryl shot and with a thud the walker laid there motionless. Daryl retrieved the arrow and kept walking.
Jesus right behind him.

They made it back to their camp and started building the fire. Jesus went out and collected wood while Daryl was getting to work on the squirrels.

Jesus picked up another piece of wood. He gathered it in his arms and made his way back to Daryl. He heard snarling and whipped around to find three of them coming at him. He dropped the fire wood and made a shot. He brought down one of them and grabbed the most wood he could fit under one arm and ran.

He maneuvered through trees. Suddenly a conveniently placed tree root caused him to trip, rolling his ankle. He gasped in pain and looked back at the walkers advancing towards him. He crawled back as swiftly as possible trying to fumble for his gun which he had dropped.

As they were about to be on him two shots rang out and Daryl was running towards him. "You ok?" He asked.

Jesus nodded shaken up by that close call. He laughed bittersweetly and laid back. "Imagine that! Jesus killed by tree root" he laughed hysterically tears threaten to pour from his eyes.

"Thank you" he said shakily.

Daryl nodded and grabbed the wood under one arm and helped Jesus up with the other.
"Come on"

Jesus walked as best he could on his own but his foot have out and he fell. Daryl sighed and helped him up. He made Jesus put the wood in his arms then proceeded to lift Jesus up.

"I can walk!" Jesus protested. "Sure" Daryl grunted in reply.

Daryl laid him down against a tree and took the wood and set up a fire.
Daryl shrugged off his bag and turned to Jesus.
"Okay, let me see" he said lifting up his pants and trying to take off his shoe as softly as possible.

Jesus protested, insisting he was fine.
"Don't! I'm fine!-" he tried to say. "Daryl!!" He yelled pushing him away.
Daryl fell onto his side. All was quiet, until Jesus looked down and put out his foot for Daryl to inspect.

Daryl took a look and pressed on points and turned his foot over. Jesus hissed in pain, his hands flying out to grasp Daryl's shoulders.
Daryl looked at him worriedly. "It's sprained pretty bad, we'll have to stay here a couple more days while it's healing, moving to soon could make it worse"

"Yes, doc" Jesus laughed in pain and faked a salute.
Daryl turned away but Jesus could see the small outline of a smile on his lips.

Jesus watched as Daryl started cooking the first squirrel. Once he was done  he picked off afew pieces and handed them to Jesus who ate gladly.
He devoured the squirrel hurriedly just glad to have something in his stomach.

Daryl watched him eat and he licked his lips feeling the tingle of the kiss lingering, he shook his head and ate his parts of the squirrel.

Once they finished they sat in silence. Jesus became gittery and shifted constantly until he couldn't help but stop from blurting "are we gonna talk about what happened?"

Daryl confused by his sudden outburst raised an eyebrow "nothing happened" he said.
Jesus rolled his eyes "in the field?" He questioned.

Daryl gulped and looked away "nothing happened in the field" he said.
Jesus scoffed "yes, something did happen, you kissed me, and I kissed you!"

Daryl looked down "what does it matter?"

"It matters to me, I don't want to wait for you to repress it and forget about it like you do for everything else!"

Daryl snapped his gaze up "I don't repress things" he snapped back.
Jesus gave him a look. And Daryl gave a look of defeat.

"I just- I just want to know that it wasn't a joke to you" Jesus stuttered.
Daryl looked at him "of course it wasn't a joke"

"I just wanna know if there's a chance something could happen between us" Jesus said looking at the grass and playing with it.
Daryl felt a pang in his heart and slowly reached his hand over and lifted Jesus chin.

"Paul, Something already happened" he muttered. Jesus, or Paul laughed happily and nodded. Daryl chuckled too and patted his lap. "Get over here" he said.

Paul climbed onto him, careful of his foot and touched Daryl's face. Daryl wrapped his arms around him and kissed up his neck.
Jesus turned his head as to give Daryl more skin.

Daryl captured the other man's lips and slid his tongue into his mouth. Jesus moaned softly and moved his hips slowly.
(SMUT WARNING FOR HERE AND HALF OF NEXT CHAPTER)

Daryl slid his hands up Jesus shirt and ran his hands across the smaller man's chest.
Jesus pulled away and panted rolling his hips heatedly.

"We doing this?" Daryl asked. Jesus nodded and kissed him again.