-1-

i guess being friends with millie is a perk. you get to have photo shoots with her. you get to talk to her. be on her instagram story. hang out twenty four seven. we would chat as often as we could. but when she moved to the united states.. everything changed. she started to hang out with other people. she would post selfies with other people. she would post photos with another girl named sadie. they would sing together and get over ten million views. millie and i used to sing together. we made a pact on making a band and travelling around the world. we even made songs and thought of band names. i used to be able to see her everyday but now i only see her on christmases. i wait each year for that special day. it's more special to me then anyone else. because that would be the day i would see my best friend. in two days it's christmas. my heart is pounding. to me. she was more than a friend. she was my everything. then she has to leave to film stranger things, godzilla and other shows and movies. she is getting shipped with a guy named finn wolfhard. and i guess i could say i'm jealous. she now hangs out with him. she now posts pictures with him. we probably haven't talked in over two months. she either leaves me in read or just doesn't open my snaps, DMs or iMessages. it hurts. but i have promised myself to be happy when i see her. yea, she's great at acting. we both sent in videos for the first season of stranger things. we auditioned together. she promised to me that she will talk to me. everyday. everyday ! but that promise has been broken i could say. all i have to do is just forgive and forget. i decided that maybe i should just text her.

stephany🥀:
hey
millie 💋:
hey. we haven't talked in a while
stephany 🥀:
yea. we haven't. so how are you
millie💋:
pre good. wbu
stephany 🥀:
pre snazzy. i've been good as well. i'm excited abt 🎄
millie💋:
abt that...
stephany 🥀:
what
millie💋:
i- i'm busy. i have a casting call i need to be at. i won't be able to make it
stephany 🥀:
oh. that's fine. see you next year then
millie💋:
yeah. see you next year

as i read the texts. they pierced through my heart. i felt tears well up in my eyes. i made the effort to not cry but i couldn't fulfill that. hot tears ran down my cheeks and dropped onto my screen. she turned me down. she didn't want to see me. i have to try harder. i have to get an audition in the united states. then we can hang out maybe. i cry until no tears could come. i curled up in my bed and tried to cry more. she has been my best friend since we were two. she's blown me off. i decided to post a picture on insta.

liked by milliebobbybrown, greer

liked by milliebobbybrown, greer.autumn, and 1, 500 others

~stephany.hope~
🎄🥀🎆 merry almost christmas 🎆🥀🎄

user 1: damn b 😍
greer.autumn: ahh that's my best friend y'all!!!
milliebobbybrown: wish i could be there to celebrate it with you 😞💙
milliebobbybrown: but ooo cutie 😍😍
user 2: 😍😍
user 3: that's pre cute
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
maybe millie does miss me. she said that on my post. but she could be covering up. i'm still mad and sad at the same time. she's my best friend and now that she has left. i have no one at school. yeah. at times when i'm walking down the road, people stop and ask if i'm friends with millie and of course i say yes. and life continues. nothing special. i decide to open facetime. i click millie💋and i cross my fingers hoping that millie picks up. connecting... showed up on my screen.

"millie!" i exclaim. my heart fluttering. happy that she actually picked up
"stephany! we haven't talked in so long!" millie smiles. everything is a bit laggy but i don't care. she finally picked up.
"i know right. how's everything. how's finnnn?" i wink at her. and i can see her blush on my phone. i know she has had a crush on him since the beginning but hasn't told anyone. besides me i guess. does that me she trusts me?
"ahha." she giggles. "he's doing well i could say. how's everything back home?"
"boring. and i'm sad. because you won't be here for christmas! or new years. and that's been a tradition for both of our families for years!" i fake laugh. just to keep things light. trying to trick her into thinking i was kidding.
"i know.. i'm sorry. i knew this would affect you. but i can't just blow off a casting call." millie says.
but you can blow me off ?! "ahh that's good to hear that you have another film going on!" i say changing the subject.
"yea. so how are you doing with your acting." millie asks.
"eh. nothing really happening." i say.
"that's cool." she looks away. "hey. so i have to go. it's been great catching up with you. but i'm really busy. i'm sorry."
"nah. it's fine. i'll let you get back to what you need to do." i fake my smile until it ends. my smile fades. she just blew me off again. we weren't even talking for five minutes. wow.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

hey. so i'm going to try to update this regularly. it's been fun typing this but i might not update this constantly. sorry ! anyways. i didn't think i would want to post this but i like it. comment what you think should happen. or what's going to happen. stay tuned ! ❤️