Macarons

The One Where Queen Velverosa Eats Macarons

--

At the capital, word has it that the Demon Tower always has one of the finest ingredients in town for food. With strong generals, it is no doubt that they could have a system harnessing the most special ingredients.

So it's a surprise when one morning, for breakfast, the ingredients delivery for the Demon Tower kitchens never came.

"What do you mean?!" the boss of the Tower, Queen Velverosa, hissed. And with her anger, the ground shook.

Berkz, the first General, replied, "Our delivery guy got robbed yesterday night. He gathered the food, but while he was sleeping, the culprits stole them."

"Considering that it's impossible for them to climb the walls," the second General, Maurik, suggested, "The culprit is either very intelligent and desperate, or very strong and high-profile."

"Or it was a party. A raid, if you will call it." said Diannos, the third General. "The spell we put on those lands are reasonably strong, but it's not break-proof. A strong party will be able to break in if they wanted to."

"That's the problem." Velverosa stomped. "They wanted to! They thought that we were too weak to guard those. They thought they could take our enchanted food. And they did!" A flare of anger rose within her. "Do they see us as weaklings?!"

"Queen Vel, calm down." Melathia spoke. "We're already on the move. "I sent General 4 and 5 to track them down. They're our intelligent ones~"

"I'm having none of this." the queen said. "The culprit must be caught before noon, and if not, I'm gonna go down there and break hell loose."

The ground shook again with her fiery promise.

--

"Whaaa?" Malori's mouth parted in amusement. "That's badass, Cerik!"

"I know." Cerik, Malori's friend, replied. "That also explains why some people have been gaining Aldebrandt equipment swiftly. These thieves think they could outsmart us all, but they're just trapping themselves on our web."

"You think their Black Market also has some lamia scales?" Malori joked. Cerik's face immediately grew hot. "I didn't say anything about that!"

"You sure were thinking about it." Malori said innocently. Immediately, Cerik turned on his heel to leave.

"I'm leaving! My dad's with some adventurers to shut down that Black Market!" he said, changing the subject completely. "I'm not getting left."

"Sure, Cerik." Malori said. "I gotta give this to Queen Vel, too." she said dreamily, while holding on to a heart-patterned rectangular box. I have a feeling that she might be hungry. Malori thought.

While making her way to the Demon Tower, she passed by some familiar Demon Generals outside.

"Hi, General Faust and Conoleth!" she greeted them happily, as though they were close friends. Well, they aren't close, but they are friends. Malori beat them so much that they eventually let her pass through normally. "It's nice to see you outdoors, but why?"