Rescue Mission

Updated on: 1/14/19

Kotetsu POV

I was with Izumo bringing reports that Lady Fifth forgot. As we were heading to Hokage Tower I saw Haruno-san on the bench knocked out. I stopped walking and Izumo asked "What's wrong?" I didn't answer him but I made my way to where she was. "Hey, wake up. If you sleep here. you'll catch a cold." I said and she opened her eyes slowly. Out of no where she snapped her eyes wide open and yelled "Sasuke-kun!" Izumo and I looked at her weird as she started shaking and tearing up. She cried and after a while she told us what happened. Izumo and I went to Lady Fifth in a hurry to tell. Once there I knocked on the door and went in. "Thank you" she said smiling but I noticed the saliva and ink stuck to her face. "Fifth! You were sleeping just now, weren't you?!" I yelled at her "While making us get these documents, you were sleeping, weren't you?!" she awkwardly laughed and then Izumo spoke up. "More Importantly, Lady Hokage, there's something we need to report." he said and we told her of what Haruno-san told us.

Tsunade POV

I was shocked hen Kotetsu and Izumo told me about Sasuke leaving the village to join Orochimaru. "What did you say?! Is this true?" I yelled still not believing it. "Yes" Kotetsu answered and then Izumo "According to Sakura Haruno, there's no mistake." he said and I gritted my teeth. I bit my lip still angry at Orochimaru "Izumo. Kotetsu. There's someone I want you to go get for me." After a while Shikamaru was finally in my office "Late last night, Sasuke Uchiha left the village. And there's no mistake that he is heading for the Sound Village." I told him and he was shocked "Left? Why?" I was once again angry "Orochimaru lured him." he was even more shocked to her this. "Wait a second. What does a dangerous guy like him was Sasuke?" he asked me. "That's not important. We don't have any time to lose. For now, I'm assigning you your first mission as a chunin." I said and he got serious "Is it to bring Sasuke back?" he asked me "Yeah. However this mission must be completed quickly, and there could be some trouble." "What?" "There is a high possibility that Orochimaru's subordinates are guiding Sasuke."

~Time skip to after the meeting~

Shikamaru POV

I went to Naruto first but that was a mistake. He yelled so loud I'm pretty sure the whole village heard him. "You're so loud in the morning." I said while glaring at him. He got ready and we went to get Choji. Then we saw Kiba and Akamaru since Akamaru came because he smelled the chips.  I explained to them what happened as we ran around to look for more people. We headed towards the village gates looking around for people as we past the hospital. We spotted Neji and Lee at the stairs and stopped there waiting for them to come down. When they spotted us they came down and we explained everything to them. "I see." Neji said "It's troublesome, but there is nothing bad about having more people." I said and we looked at Lee as he had his head down. I knew he wanted to help "Lee, you do what you need to do." Neji said and in a swift movement Lee was walking back up by himself leaving us at shock. He stopped before the stairs "Stating tomorrow, I will climb up these stairs on my own." We all stared at him "Don't worry. Please go." he said and we nodded at him while smiling. We all headed for the gates as they opened for us. "Okay! Everyone follow me!" Naruto yelled at we looked at him annoyed. "Hey. Listen, Naruto. I'm squad leader, you know. It is troublesome, though." I said with a bored look on my face. He glared at me "Will it really be alright to let you lead us?" he asked. "You don't seem very reliable." he finished and Kiba answered him "So why are you acting like you're the boss, Naruto?" he said and Naruto looked annoyed. "Still, I can't say I'm satisfied being ordered around by Shikamaru." He said and an argument continued on. After the argument I started explaining how we will be moving and in what order.

After everything Sakura came and so did Hinata along with Kimi. I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw her but I ignored it and continued to listen to Sakura. "Hey guys, we h-heard from T-tsunade. G-good luck." Hinata said. and Kimi nodded. "How about I go with you guys as an extra measure?" Kimi asked but then an Anbu member showed up behind her "Lady Kimi. Lady Tsunade said that you can't go with them because she needs you for a mission right now." Kimi tsked and nodded "Alright. I'll be there when these guys leave" she said and the Anbu nodded and left. "Shika, I want you to take Hinata and Neko with you with you" as she finished her sentence Neko showed up as well. "Why?" Neji asked "Well this will be a good exercise for them both and you need the extra help." she said and I nodded "We are going to need it Neji." I said and he nodded. As we were about to leave Kimi hugged us one by one. "Neji I want you to make sure you come back alive. Hinata and Neko know how to defend themselves and they know medical ninjutsu so they won't hold you guys back." we all nodded and she turned to Neko and Hinata "Neko remember that you are following Shika's orders this time and not the other way around. Hinata don't let emotions cloud your judgement. I will see how far you've gotten in training by the amount of damage you took." Hinata nodded and I told them where they will stand in the line. Hinata will be i the back with Neji and Neko will be next to me. Then Kimi came up to me and hugged me "If this mission fails, I hope you know that I won't blame you. I know you would have done your best to bring him back." she said and I hugged her back. "Good luck guys" she said as we left and she stayed with a crying Sakura along with Lee.