Chapter 1: Bid Day

Author's Note: Hello beautiful readers! I am new to Wattpad and I am super excited to share my work with you!

In this AU our characters have been reborn in modern times and are attending a rural American university where they are heavily involved in Greek life. For those who may be unfamiliar with the Greek system (fraternities and sororities) in American and Canadian universities, all the info in this work is real, accurate, and based on either first or secondhand experience. Paradis University is loosely based on a real school as well, if you can figure it out, put it in the comments!

I do not own AOT or any of these brilliant characters but I have tried to stay true to cannon for their personalities, as much as possible (with notable exceptions- obviously Riren isn't canon, but it should be dammit!). We have a hint of the supernatural throughout the story where certain characters remember their AOT lives. This does go off canon. Sorry not sorry, I had to take liberties somewhere 😘. Anyway, please enjoy and comment!

♡DiLo

•°☆°•

Eren and Armin raced across campus, hair blowing back from their faces and chests heaving as they careened around corners and up a flight of stairs to the lecture hall complex. The lobby was deserted but it only took the two freshmen a minute to find the door with the "Alpha Rho Omega Recruitment" sign taped haphazardly across the small window. Eren thanked his lucky stars that the door didn't creak as they slid inside the room and took seats in the back of the hall.
The hall was shadowy, the main lights directed towards the front of the room where 12 brothers stood shoulder to shoulder, legs in a wide stance, arms clasped behind their backs with almost military precision. All the brothers wore green polo shirts with the greek letters ARO embroidered on the left breast, black jeans, and matching expressions of grim indifference.

One brother stood in the foreground addressing the group.

"-tulations to those of you who have made it to the final round of Fall 20XX recruitment. Fifty of you have made it through to this point. 24 of you will be offered bids to join this semester's pledge class. The brothers who stand behind me are the recruitment committee. Your future in this Fraternity lies in their hands."

Armin shifted close enough to Eren to whisper and the two slouched down in their seats.

"The guy talking is this year's Recruitment Chair, Moblit. He's a sophomore. The blond guy is the center is Archon Erwin, he's a senior, and the black haired guy with the undercut to his left is Pledge Master Levi. He's a Junior."

Eren's eyes widened as he stared in awe at the pledge master.

"What? To have such a position as a Junior?"

"I know! But they say he's the best PM ARO has ever had. He's ROTC. Rumor has it that he's already being scouted by the Green Berets. He got the PM position when he was a first semester Sophomore and has been unanimously voted in every semester since, even though they are only supposed to serve for one recruitment. He's pledged half the Fraternity by now."

"Damn Armin, how do you know all this stuff?"

Armin flashed his boyishly adorable grin and slid his glasses up his nose.

"You know me, always prepared."

"-over the next week, each of you will receive a letter. If the card within is black, you have not received a bid. If it's green, there will be further instructions for you to follow. I look forward to welcoming you to the brotherhood."

Silence descended on the group and the recruits looked at one another with wide eyes, unsure of what to do. At some imperceptible signal, Erwin and Levi stepped forward. Simultaneously, the remaining ten brothers and Moblit who had taken up a spot at the end of the line, pulled their feet together at attention and turned, as one, silently following Erwin and Levi as they strode from the lecture hall.