𝐓𝐖𝐎

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ i'm glad i met you at this age ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"do you miss the face of the person that you fell in love with?" the man looked different now, darker eyebags and a broader back, and freckles she didn't recognize.

"i don't. i never fell in love with anything physical about you, besides your eyes," the gentle feminine voice said to her lover. "i fell in love with your personality and how your passion for things never died down. how time never really seemed to die down with you."

"time is moving fast," her boyfriend said. "do you want it to?"

she shook her head. "but i'm glad i met you at this age."

calum was sitting by himself at a small, cozy local bakery/sit-down cafe on campus, listening to the couple the table behind him to drown out his mind. a small cluster of guilt burrowed in his stomach as he eavesdropped in their conversation, but they were too beautiful not to listen to (and so disgustingly in love). he wished he had that with sadie -- the wistful sighs and "i'm glad i met you at this age". looking at each other like they already had everything they needed.

the brunette sighed, wrapping his hands around the hot coffee mug sitting next to his closed laptop laid out on the round wooden table, along with his notebooks which hadn't been opened either.

finals were next week, but calum had far too much on his mind to study. he'd rather figure out the answers in his personal life than the academic ones on a piece of paper. but then he thought about his creative writing class, and how they had that fiction short story piece due next class. in two days. shit. that's what it was. calum was utter shit at writing fiction (which was ironic, considering his work was all real life events, but he could never be able to actually talk about them out loud). but he had to try. he brought the mug up to his lips and took one last ready-ing sip before opening the laptop screen up to a blank document.

nothing. i got nothing. n-o-t-h--

"hey," he heard a familiar voice say. calum perked his head up in the direction of the voice and was surprised to see the blond -- luke -- there. the tall, broad-shouldered boy had an apron wrapped around his torso and hips, and a nametag that read "luke".

"you work here," calum said, sitting up taller. "you work.. here?"

luke tilted his head ever so slightly, golden locks falling on his face, a few strands covering part of his eye. "yeah, i work here. and what about it?"

"nothing, i just," he shrugged. "you just don't seem like the type to work at a bakery."

"and where would i work?"

"i dunno, a.... a car mechanics shop or a hockey arena or something."

luke's smiled widened, he was always smiling, and a chuckle escaped his lips. "a hockey arena?"

"yeah, you're just so. like. you look so... you know."

"i don't know."

"you know, like. tall, and. attractive."

calum almost died at the spot in that moment. can i melt into the ground. convince me this is a nightmare and i'll wake up soon?

in a softer voice now, and a softer smile, luke sat in the chair across from calum. "yeah?"

"yeah." calum nodded a bit. he let a second pass by. and then two. and then three. "and you have nice hands."

and then luke took calum's hand, putting it up to his, comparing the two's hand sizes. he could hear the boy say how much of a difference it was, something about tarzan and jane, something about how soft calum's hands were. calum listened to every word of it. calum felt like his nightmare turned into a dream (but a dream he refused to believe was a dream, if that made any sense. because he felt the blood flow up to his cheeks, and his body leaning in closer to luke, and getting lost in the boy's ocean eyes and -- christ, calum. don't forget you have a girlfriend, hot mess.).