Untitled Part 3

Cuphead slammed the bathroom door behind himself, pressing himself against it, sliding down as he shook.

"I-I'm fine, fine, fine-"

There was a rough knock on the door. "Cuphead, what's wrong?? Are you-"

"I'm fine! I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fi-fine!" Tears rolled down his face, and he gripped the side of his face to try to ground himself. He felt like he was going crazy. He could feel himself slipping. He could feel his heart racing, and his breath running away. He was going crazy. He was losing it.

He shook harder as he slowly lost control over his own body, crying, sobbing, gasping, holding his head so tight it hurt, forgetting how to respond; shutting down. He wanted to scream. Scream, scream, scream until his voice was raw. He was gone, and he knew it. His thoughts didn't even feel like they were his own anymore.

Mugman yelled his name again, but he barely heard it. He could barely hear anything. Eventually, the voice behind the door silenced, and he could ease back into himself, slowly becoming aware, and slowly regaining control. He let out a sigh. He was still shaking like a leaf, but he remembered why he was in here in the first place, and that Mugman was probably standing behind the door, worried and waiting, so he forced himself to stand up on his wobbly legs, and open it.

"I'm- I'm fine..." He managed.

"Cuphead..." He looked at him in helpless loss for a moment before gently pulling him into a hug.

Cuphead sunk into him, unable to hold himself up anymore, hugging him back. "Thank you..."

He gave him a light squeeze. "We can stay right here, if you want..."

He nodded. He didn't want to go back to the group yet...