12

Next day Kaycees POV

Trigger warnings

"Kaycee. We uh.. we need to talk to you." My dad calls out and I frown. I walk closer to them and they look at each other and sigh. "Look.. we Uh. Do you know what work we do?" He asks and I nod slowing. "You guys are tour guides right? For some companies who don't have workers with the language of proper English?" I answer in a question.

"Uh... no." He says and I frown. "No, I swear that's your jobs right?" I ask and I see my mom Chuckles. "Well that's what you Devon and Kylie all thought at one point. Then Devon knew, then Kylie. We've been holding off to tell you since your 15th birthday, but we're training you today" She says and I'm confused out of my mind right now.

"You know.. that time when we were little.You saw man on the road. And he was just standing there and he had a red substance around his mouth?" She asked and I frown in confusion. "You said "Well he had heaps of spaghetti and didn't clean up?" And you laughed and asked why he was standing there?" She asks and I nod finally remembering.

"And what happened after..." my dad says and I feel my eyes tear up and nod. "You killed him with your weird wood gun." I say looking down and I hear them sigh. "Yes. But honey, he was already dead" he says and I frown in confusion.

"Remember that storm?" He asked and I widen my eyes. "We were all together and you got lost from the path." He says and I nod. "The wolf you saw?" He said and I nod. "Why did you have to kill it?" I ask and they frown. "It was going to hurt you." He says and I shake my head. "It was there. For like 10 minutes before you came. It was looking at me and growling. It came closer but then calmed down. The cut I had on my leg, he cleaned it. He was playing with me and he was lying down and being such a fuzzy dog. Then you had to go and shoot it and it ran away" I say angrily and he sighs and looks at mom.

"It wasn't a normal wolf." He says and I roll my eyes. "oKaY. It was a wErE wOlF." I say sarcastically and my mom chokes. "Honey I thought you said she didn't know.." my mom whispers and I thought It was a joke but she sounded serious. "I didn't tell her! Ask Devon and Kylie" he whisper yells back and I roll my eyes.

"I was being sarcastic." I say and they widen their eyes. "Well.. it was a were wolf" he says and I chuckle. "Yea Yea, And the other guy was a vampire" I say sarcastically and roll my eyes. "DEVON! KYLIE!" My dad shouts and they both come down. "Which one of you told her" he asks and I frown.

"We can hear the conversation from upstairs dad. She was being sarcastic, again" Kylie says shaking her head. "Ugh. Kids nowadays are confusing." My day says and I've had enough.

"Can someone please tell me why I've seen dad kill 4 men in my life and a wolf. And why he has all these weapons and weird wood stakes and plants that I'm not aloud to touch? And not to mention the thing you slip in my water bottle before I go to school. And yes, I noticed that. Change my water when I go to school cause I'm literally iffy about you since you've killed 4 men in front of my face. You guys aren't good at hiding stuff." I say and they widen their eyes.

"Kaycee, after this, you'll understand. So never, NEVER, take (your blindfold off! Hehe) the vervain out of your water. It protects you" my mom says and I'm so confused. "Ugh as you can see, she was confused like me and Devon. Kaycee" Kylie says to me and I look at her. "Vampires, witches, wolves are real." She says and I burst out laughing.

"We have a werewolf here. We found her yesterday. Same wolf Sean helped. After this you have to check on him and see if his fine. If she didn't kill him." My dad says and I stop. "No I'm calling him now" I say running upstairs and into my room. "Sean." I say as he picks up the phone.

My sister comes in and mouths "don't tell him what we do"

"Um.. you didn't call me after the incident with the wolf yesterday. Are you alright? Is she alright?" I ask and he chuckles. "Oh thank God your alright. So after you healed her she ran into the woods? Oh ok. Yea that's why I called. Well it's good your okay? What about Ken or queeny. Are they good? Ok that's good. Ok bye. See you on Monday" I say before I hang up.

"This can't be real" I say and my sister sits down next to me on the bed. "Here, we'll show you" She says and takes my hand. She brings it down to the basement and I hear growling. I widen my eyes and sigh. Then I see it. "That.. that's the same wolf.. she's all healed tho?" I ask and she nods. "They heal quickly. They were just to weak to heal yesterday. And she was hit with ravens bullet." She says and I widen my eyes.

"Raven. As in dads friend mark, daughter raven?" I ask and she nods. It keeps growling and I feel sorry. "So, how do they become a werewolf?" I ask and she chuckles. "Well they don't have a choice. It's from your bloodline. Once you've killed someone, you break the curse and you become a werewolf" she says and I look at her. "Kill as in wanting to kill. Or as in by accident and murder. Like you hit someone with your car by accident?" I ask and she sighs. "Any. Murder, or by accident. It could even be you accidentally tripped someone and they die" she says and I widen my eyes.

I walk to it and it growls. "Kaycee what are yo-."
"Shh.." I cut her off and she sighs. I walk closer and smile at it. It moves back. "Sean told me their more afraid of us then we are of them. That they only growl to scare you away. They only attack when they feel it is good for the pack" I say and she chuckles.

"Sean Lew taught you that all on the beach?" She asks and I chuckle as I go closer and it calms down. "Some in school. Some on the beach. Kennneth only knows from him" I say chuckling and I see the wolf's eyes soften. It sits down slowly as I sit next to it. I pat it softly and it snuggles into me. "Wtf.." She says and I look at her.

"Why are you guys killing them. For all you know most of them don't even have a choice. I mean, what if it was me. Would you kill me?" I ask and she sighs. "Kayc-. "No. Why are you killing them for pointless reasons? They don't even have a choice." I say. I'm disgusted now. By my family. Why?

She puts this water on it and it whimpers. "Wolfsbane and water. She's too week to stay so she'll transform" she says and then I hear bones cracking. I walk back out and she closes the gate. She turns into a girl. Around my age.

"Look at her ring. A witch gave it to her. She can turn into a wolf anytime. Why would she want that? She she could kill?" Kylie says and I shake my head. "All you mundanes. Thinking all we do is kill kill and kill. No, I got this ring so I don't have to turn every full moon. Cause I nearly killed someone I loved. Because of this stupid thing! So if you want to, just kill me already. I'm pretty sure kaycee does" she says and I widen my eyes when I recognise who it is. Kylie asking me questions to the max and only one word coming out my mouth.

"H-Hayley.."

Ummmmmm jdkdhsjsk

As you know i become awkward around this authors note thing.. eh ok.

1.4k words.