T H R E E

I can't believe what I just did.  For once I did without thinking. I know what your thinking, woah, you just talked to him after years. Well I did it because, I don't remember the last time I did that, and YOLO right? Ew, cringe but seriously, after that point I know for a fact we will never speak again. It did feel strange though, I barely know him anymore. If felt as if, Grayson and I were.. strangers. Nothing felt the same between us, we were closer than ever and now we never talk.  I drove home and went inside. My parents are out on some business trip, and my little sister, Kylie left with them. I wanted to stay home. I went upstairs and grabbed a box out of my closet. This was where my memories of James and Kacey were. I opened the box and looked at the pictures. I grabbed a doll that Kacey and I used to play with. They said they found it hidden in her room at her old house. I held it as tears rolled down my face. I threw it in anger and it fell to the ground in pieces and two letters fell out.  I grabbed the first  letter and read it.
" Dear Kacey,
You are my sunshine. I know I messed up badly, but you know I love you. Please don't leave me. I'll do anything for you, I'd kill for you, I'd die for you. DO NOT LEAVE ME KACEY . DON'T GO. Or bad things will happen, you want me to show you I love and I care, I'll show you.
  - Kyle Sanders "
" SO YOU WANT TO DO THAT NOW? I'LL KILL HIM. I SWEAR I WILL. I WILL KILL YOU AND HIM. IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU NOBODY WILL KACEY I LOVE YOU. I WILL STAB HIM UNTIL EVERY INCH OF BLOOD IS OUT OF HIS BODY.
- Kyle Sanders"
I was shook. What happened? What was going on. I decided to break everything and inspect everything for more clues. My biggest guess was that she was hooking up or dating and he cheated. But why would she hide it from us? I'm going to find out who Kyle Sanders is. I'm thinking he might be an older guy than her, that would explain a lot. I quickly ran to my laptop and searched up Kyle Sanders. He is in a mental hospital for deadly threats and tried killing himself. He's been in there for 2 years. Around the time Kacey died. That would explain a lot. I need to find a way to meet up with him. But they only allow family. He's 20 years old, which means he was 18 when he was dating Kacey, and Kacey was 14. Is that legal, I'm pretty sure that's illegal which explains why they would have to hide the relationship. I need answers, this guy could've been or could've known the killer. I knew what I had to do. I grabbed my phone and I called the mental hospital he was at.
Me: Hello I'm - Macey Carter, and I was calling to see if I could visit Kyle Sanders, he is a very good friend of mine.
Lady: Yes, sure , I'll have to see some identification though and your open to visit him tomorrow.
Me: Of course, thank you.
I quickly hung up. I wasn't going to stop until I was going to find James and Kacey's killer. Now, I need to see why was James and Kacey at the hotel, or near. OR DID THEY GET KIDNAPPED? Millions of questions and possibilities filled my mind like a balloon with air. I went downstairs to get something to eat reading about Kyle. I went to the kitchen and saw Grayson sitting on my couch. I quickly turned off my phone and shoved it into my pocket.
Me: GRAYSON! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?
Grayson: I wanted to talk to you.
Me: Um sure, but first let's talk about how's you get into my house?
Grayson: You still got that key under your doormat.
He smirked and handed me the spare key.
Me: Right, we really need to change that.
He laughed and nodded in agreement.
Grayson: I wanted to talk about today..
Me: What about today? I don't remember anything . What we need to talk about is Kacey and James.
Grayson's face turned white.
Me: Why weren't you at there funeral? Where were you?
Grayson: None of your business.
His eyes got narrowed and his jaw clenched as if he was going to knock me out.
Grayson: What's up with all these damn questions? Last time I checked I was done getting questioned two years ago.
Me: No reason. But how are they your so called friends AND YOU DIDN'T GO TO THEIR FUNERAL. WHO DOES THAT?
I started shouting a billion questions at him about the funeral until his eyes filled with a pool of water.
Grayson: I COULDN'T GO. I COULDN'T HANDLE IT. I CARE ABOUT THEM I CARE ABOUT YOU. I THINK OF THEM ALL THE TIME. I WAS IN LOVE WITH KACEY MACEY.
Grayson turned away with tears, his shirt was soaked from them. I stood there in shock, my face completely blank.
Me: SO DO I REMIND YOU OF HER? IS THAT WHY YOU IGNORED ME FOR 2 YEARS? IS THAT WHY YOU PUSHED ME AWAY GRAYSON. YOU AND ETHAN WERE ALL I HAD LEFT AND YOU LEFT ME. WHY DID YOU DO THAT GRAYSON? WHAT HAPPENED?