Chapter Two.

It's been nine months since the fall of Salem's family. And since those nine months she's been living in the small house she and Ozma lived in before ruling Remnant, rebuilding the castle with every ounce of magic she can muster, and has been expecting her fifth child.

Yep. A few days after Salem (literally) roasted her husband, she discovered he left someone behind with her. Someone who'd become princess of the grimm and the one who'd destroy Ozma if he ever showed his face in Salem's territory again. It wasn't an easy labour, especially going through it alone, no one to hold her hand, no one to tell her to breathe, or have a little laugh with to distract her from the pain. But those thirty seven hours of agony were worth it. Salem finally held her newborn daughter. Her skin was tanned like her father's, she had little tufts of blonde hair so pale it's almost white, and her eyes were galaxy pools of crystal blue. She was so tiny and fragile, swaddled up in a magenta blanket. She was perfect... And the only good thing Ozma has left behind.
Salem held her daughter close as she laid back in her bed. Despite being exhausted from labour, she couldn't stop smiling even if she tried.

"Shhhhhh...it's okay. I'm here, I got you..." She said softly to her crying baby.

Salem gently rocked side to side while quietly humming to her bawling infant. The baby girl's cries soon became nothing but adorable, little whimpers that turned into coos that could melt your heart. Finally she fell asleep. Even thought her body was screaming at her to not move, Salem got up on her feet then slowly, and painfully, made her way to the crib next to the window, and gently placed her daughter into the crib without waking her up. Taking a look at her baby one last time, and she returned to her own bed and laid her head on the soft, fluffy pillow. A well deserved sleep was about to overcome the queen, but not without a final look at the crib where her daughter lays asleep, and the appropriate greeting...

"Welcome to Remnant, Alma." And with that, the grimm queen let a warm, peaceful sleep welcome her.