Chapter Three.

Six hundred years really fly by don't they? And Alma doesn't look a day over six years old. Salem wondered why her child aged so slowly, her last four daughters aged at a normal rate. Some kind of birth defect maybe? Or was it because her mother is immortal and her father was not, so Alma in a way inherited her mother's immortality? But that is not something to ponder on right now. The Grimm Reaper was at it again; killing the creatures of grimm and delaying Salem's plans. That didn't make her happy at all. But her lackeys were on the case - a crocodile faunus and three men were given the mission of finding the grimm reaper and destroying her.

"Make sure to find her. You know the rest."

"Yes Ma'am. She'll be dead before ya know it." Tock smiled widely, her teeth shined like silver.

"Wait!!!" Cried out a voice from down the corridor. Heads turned to the voice's direction to see a little girl, no more than six years old.
She was wearing a black dress with puffy sleeves that go up to her shoulders, she had white lace on the hem of her skirt and her sleeves, she had a white collar, she had a red ribbon going around her waist and a grey bodice with a criss-cross stitching in the middle. Her leg wear was nothing more than grey tights and simple black slip-on shoes. Her curly, platinum blonde hair was short but reached just above her shoulder blades, the fringe was tied back in a braid that went over her head. Her fringe was nothing more than a curl that reached down to her chin, it gave her mother a vivid memory of Dawn, her third daughter. She was dashing down the corridor as fast as her little legs could carry her, with a gold clock in her tiny hands.

"Tock! You forgot this." She presented the crocodile Faunus' clock.

"Whoops! Silly me. I really need this." Tock gratefully took the clock from Alma's little hands and tying it to her belt.

"Do you have to go?" The princess asked. Tock crouched down to the little girl's level.

"I wish I could stay but, your mum needs me to go. There's someone out there doing bad things and we have to stop them." This made Alma sad. She hates it when tock has to go out for days on end doing missions. Barely leaving any time for her to just play with Alma. She looked to the floor with sad eyes.

"Cheer up, love."

"I'll be back before you know it." She playfully tickled Alma under her chin, causing the child to flinch and laugh.
Tock and the boys waved goodbye as the big doors slowly closed. Little did Alma know this was the last time she'd see her only friends that weren't grimm. Salem looked out the window and realised, the moon was up higher than she thought, it was way past Alma's bedtime. As if on cue, Alma yawned and rubbed her tired eyes. Salem picked up her little girl and carried her down the halls.

"Mamma, where are they going?" Alma asked.

"To find The Grimm Reaper."

"Why?"

"Because she has silver eyes. And silver eyes are bad to my-... To our cause."

"Silver eyes are bad?" The child questioned.

"Yes child."

"The Grimm created here go to lay waste to the outside. But people called huntsmen and huntresses, and some with silver eyes, make it their purpose to hurt the Grimm."

"People with silver eyes can turn them to stone or even vaporise them into dust." Salem said with dissatisfaction. Just the thought of the grimm being annihilated in such a way made Alma feel a little sick.

"Is that why Larry didn't come home?" Poor Larry. He was a beowolf Alma would play with all the time, he was practically Alma's best friend since she didn't really have anyone else. He'd always sneak up behind her just to lick her cheek, sometimes Alma would throw a purple crystal and Larry would fetch it, and sometimes Salem would wonder where her baby went only to find her asleep in her bed with Larry snuggled up to her in a protective manner. But one day he wandered off beyond the horizon and never came back.

(This is kinda what Alma's room looks like, except instead of red it's a dark magenta

(This is kinda what Alma's room looks like, except instead of red it's a dark magenta.)

"I am afraid so. Their leader is someone I once knew." Salem sighed.

"Who is it?" The grimm princess asked with eyes full of curiosity.

'Your father.' Salem's thoughts screamed. "Ozma." Salem spat, not even batting an eye.

"He's a very bad man and doesn't like grimm, at all." She stated as she was tucking her daughter into bed.

"Ozma..." Alma thought out loud. "I hate him."

"Oh? You do?" Salem smirked. "Alma... What do you want to do when you're older?"

"I want to destroy all huntsmen and huntresses. Especially ones with silver eyes."
This brought her mother great delight. Something she hasn't felt in a while. She was just about done tucking in her daughter when she asked,

"Mamma?"

"Yes child?"

"Can you sing me that song I like?" Salem soft smiled and sang Alma her special song.

"The day I faced the green wizard
The sky was black like slate.
The day I faced the green wizard
His action sealed four fates.

Four princesses, I loved them dear
And yet so did the man
He didn't want me to get near
Escaping was his plan.

He sneaked the daughters down the hall
I caught him in his tracks
I wanted him dead on the ground
He countered my attack

At night four lives were taken
And he was all that's left.
At night Remnant was shaken
I brought him to his death.

He tried to take them from me
Our fight grew into war.
The day I faced the green wizard
The four woke up no more."

Her song, like every other time, worked like a charm. Alma was fast asleep all snuggled up in her bed.
Salem smiled and kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Goodnight, my little harbinger."