Prologue: Smash Brothers Melee

Challenger Approaching: Pichu!

Pichu was happy to be placed in Smash, one of the most popular fighting games in the world. Thank Sakurai... He thought as the Announcer began to explain his moveset.

"Unlike Pikachu, every time Pichu uses one of his lightning attacks, he takes recoil damage. He's young and cannot control his electricity well." Falco scowled from where he was standing. "Then drop him out before he can control it."

"That's not until he evolves into Pikachu..." Announcer/Master Hand states almost gloomily. "And we needed a unique fighter." Fox smirked. "What a joke. He'll be easy for us to defeat."

Pichu felt hurt by those words. Is this... Smash? The game everyone has been gushing about? The characters are so... rude. "Um... I'm sorry..." Pichu apologizes. Pikachu pats him. "You'll do good, I promise!"

That promise did not last for long.

Pichu's first match was against Mario. It was pretty standard- Mario was not one to break the rules. He was noble and honest. However, Pichu still lost. He could hear the laughs of other Smashers.

"I'll be sure to go easy on you!" Peach says. Peach did seem a nice person. However, those were only first impressions.

Peach's game plan was to pelt Pichu with turnips. And I meant LOTS of turnips. She did rack quite the damage until Pichu noticed. It's a projectile game. He began to use Thunder Jolt, halting the turnips' progress and some even hit Peach. [A/N: that probably never happens in game but idc] After a few successful reflects the crowd boomed. "Pichu is vulnerable now! Smash him to oblivion!" The crowd roared. Pichu grimaced. "W-what?" He stammered. Little did he know he would be mocked the rest of his life.

"Fox vs. Pichu!"

The crowd screamed. Fox and Falco got about the most appreciation for their splendid power. No, that can't be. Why must it be Pichu? Why him-

"Fox wins!"

The match went by in a blink of an eye, and plus, with Fox being so famous, he got mocked even more.

"People can at least put up a fight against Fox, deal a bit of damage to him," An echoed voice says in Pichu's head. "But you? Nothing. You can't do anything. Just quite Smash."

Full of anger of his fail in Melee, he dropped Smash to undergo training. He can't let negative comments get to him- no, no, that's impossible...

Pichu begins to cry. Smash was never nice to him. He was a bottom tier. He was mocked. He couldn't bear it.

He was just the inferior version to Pikachu.

Pikachu, as well, seemed a bit under the weather. He felt bad for Pichu for finally getting a chance - and it got spoiled. However, Pikachu, even if he is a veteran, he can barely do anything to bring him back, especially because of the negativity that's been going around Melee of every other character besides Fox and Falco. He didn't want it passing on to the next Smash.

Pichu looks at a photograph. Not any photograph. Him and Pikachu standing together, right before Pikachu got pulled to Smash 64. I'll remember that day... Pichu thinks grimly. He stares at the picture once more, to relive the memories.

"Lighten up!" Pikachu said. "It'll be great if you'd be in Smash too!"

"Even if it gets rough, people will always remember your name!"

Pichu let out a tiny gasp, his frown turning into a smile.

"Don't worry Pikachu, I'll make it back into Smash."

UwU

I don't know if Pichu & Pikachu being brothers is canon or not, but regardless, enjoy this book!