Prologue

The thunder was crashing through the night sky. I was laying against the Egyptian cotton pillows in my matching bra and panties set from Victoria Secret. Trevor was leaning against the fireplace in his black silk Versace pajama bottoms I bought him for his birthday last year. Leaving everything else bare for me to see in the moonlight. Instead of making love like every other couple. We ended up in a argument about going to a therapist that Tinashe had told me about earlier today. Getting up from our king size bed that we share. I went to go stand up and put my arms around him from behind. In that moment our bodies were melded together as one. For the first time in months our love was luminescent in the reflection of the moon shining down upon us. As if it was a sign of God letting us know that this trial in our marriage will soon come to pass. Irritation evident in his chiseled face he gently unwrapped my arms from around him. Growing frustrated I went back and took my position on the bed. Now it was my turn to get upset. I can't do this any more Trevor. We can't keep going on like this. Its not healthy for neither one of us. You need to make up your mind. Make up my mind about what Aaliyah. We have a good life. We dont want for nothing. You can have anything you want. I know you take care of us financially. That's not the problem. Then what is it. I take care you like a queen. You don't have to worry about anything. I know that Trevor. It's just. What? Ever since we lost the baby you've changed. I'm not trying to hear this tonight Liyah. You never want to Trevor. If you keep pretending like it never happened our marriage will never make it. I love you but somethings got to give. I don't want us to fail. Especially if the situation can be fixed. I don't know Aaliyah. Baby please do it for us. We can get passed this. Just say yes. Silence filled the air as I awaited the answer that would determine the fate of our marriage. Finally we made eye contact. I could've sworn we could see each other's heart beating out of the others chest. Alright Baby girl I'll go...