0.1

{picture of Rachel above, new recent picture of myself because someone commented so nicely "Rachel needs a glow up sis"}

AN: I started writing this book years ago! I apologize it's not the best but I'm working on rewriting and finishing it finally! Please keep voting and commenting :)

Elena Gilbert. She's the dream child, girlfriend, sister. But everyone has a dark side and I'm going to show you hers.

Nobody knows the real story of what happened that night on Wickery Bridge. The story that Elena told is that I was at Caroline's house that night. And when I found out about the crash I had a mental breakdown so I just up and left town. She told them that I went crazy and couldn't handle their deaths. But that's not what happened.

I was in the car that night. We had to go get drunk Elena from a party. Like usual. Elena was kicking the back of my dad's seat in a drunken fit because she didn't want to leave the boy toy she was messing around with. My dad turned around to yell at her when he swerved and we went over the bridge.

Elena magically floated up to the surface without even sparing me a second glance. I clawed my way through the seat belt and looked at my parents, it was already too late. I swam up to the surface with the last amount of energy I had.

The next thing I knew I was washed ashore about two miles from the bridge. I walked to the nearest road I could find and made my way to my Uncle John's house which was about seven hours from Mystic Falls, I walked for part of the journey but decided to take bus at some point. I was so exhausted and dehydrated I have no idea how I even got there.

When I got to the door I was seeing stars and I passed out before I could even knock on the door.

The next time I woke up I was in a bed with an IV in my arm.

After that Uncle John took me in. He taught me about the secrets of Mystic Falls. He told me all about vampires, werewolves, witches and even the legend of the great hybrid. He showed me how kill a vampire, he taught me how to be a hunter.

I finally decided I was going back to Mystic Falls. I missed my brother. I missed my friends.

"John, where's Isobel? I need to talk to her." I asked him.

"She went out for a bite to eat." He said while holding back a laugh.

I knew that Isobel was a vampire. I also knew that she was mine and Elena's mother. After the months I've spent with John and Isobel I realized that they left us with the Gilbert's to protect us. I wasn't mad at them anymore. They were good people and could step up when they needed to.

"I think it's time for me to go back to Mystic Falls John." I quietly said.

"Are you sure that's such a good idea? After everything Elena has said about you, I doubt you'll be welcomed back with open arms. And you still haven't learned everything I have to teach you."

I knew he wouldn't be happy with my decision but this is what I had to do. I felt drawn back to Mystic Falls for some odd reason.

We heard the door close which meant Isobel was finally home.

"Hey Rachel, what's going on? You look sad." Isobel asked me.

"Isobel, I'm going back to Mystic Falls." I stated.

"But you can't go back!" She yelled.

"Oh yeah? And why's that?" I questioned her. This was my decision, no one else's.

That's when they told me everything. I couldn't believe what I heard. I felt numb.

They told me how I was different. How I was supernatural. Isobel explained that I was actually a witch. Well I was something called the 'Charmed One.' Apparently I had the power to keep nature in balance, to create the supernatural as well. When I turned 18 my powers would ignite. The only problem is that my 18th birthday was tomorrow.

This new information was too overwhelming. I had to get out of here.

"I'm sorry John, Isobel, I'm leaving and there's nothing that will change my mind." I stated.

After an hour of arguing and three hours of packing, I was on my way back to Mystic Falls.

"I love you two, I'll see you soon I promise." I gave them hugs and was on my way.

I loaded my luggage into my Jeep and tried to clear my head for the drive.

After four hours of driving, I was beginning to get tired and hungry. I was passing through Atlanta, Georgia when I saw a bar called 'Bree's.'

'Looks like a good place to get some food.' I thought to myself.

I walked inside and heard the blaring country music, which didn't bother me anyways, I liked country.

I made my way through the crowd, went up to the bar and ordered myself a Jack and Coke. I never got IDed because I looked over 21.

"Well hello beautiful." A British voice said while sitting down next to me.

I glanced to my right only to be greeted with a devious smirk and light blue eyes.

I smiled and replied, "Hello handsome."

"Now what brings a lovely young lady like yourself to an old raunchy bar like this?" He asked with a glint of intrigue in his eyes.

"Oh just a pit stop on my way to Mystic Falls." I replied, sipping my drink.

His eyes darkened for a split second, "What're you going to Mystic Falls for?"

"Just visiting some family." I replied with a smirk.

A few drinks later we exchanged numbers.

"So I'll see you around then Rachel?" He smoothly said.

"Of course." I replied with a wink. Suddenly he had me wrapped in a hug. I stared at his lips and we both started to lean in. Our lips connected and I could feel the sparks ignite between us. We both pulled away breathless.

"I'll see you around." And with that, a man whose name I learned was Nik disappeared.

I ordered another drink at the bar and figured I'd take this time to think about me being a witch.

"What's on your mind dear?" I looked up and was met with the brown eyes of a lady behind the bar.

"Oh nothing, just taking some time to think." I replied.

"I'm Bree, I own this bar. Now don't freak out but I can sense the magic that surrounds you." I looked at her with a face of pure shock.

"Now how about you stay here for a while." She said with a grin.

{Please vote/comment, it really helps with my confidence.}