Walk (Deceit's POV)

(I dedicate this chapter to JhonZ5 ❤❤)

"Salutations Deceit," Logan said, walking into my room, "may I talk with you for a moment?"

I nodded and gestured to a chair, but he shook his head.

"Actually, you need to come to Patton's room." He said.

I gave him a confused look, but nodded. He gave me a small smiles he walked out, me following soon after. I've been able to move around the past few days thanks to a wheelchair and the power of teleporting.

"So, what aren't we doing here?" I asked as we entered Patton's room.

"We need to address a few things." Logan said, "First, and you know this by know, but I can break the fourth wall."

I smirked and nodded, "Oh yes, I'm so mad about this."

"Well, I've been reading the comments," Logan began digging around in the closet, "and they had a very good idea on how to get your legs working."

Logan appeared again holding a dark, leather bound book. I watched him curiously as he turned the yellowing pages. He landed on one page and started speaking what what written on the page.

"Wrap thee in cotton,
Bind thee with love,
Protection from pain,
Surrounds like a glove,
Brightest of blessings,
Surround thee this night,
For thou art cared for
Healing thoughts sent in flight."

There was a moment of pause. I didn't feel any different.

"I'm sorry," Logan said, "maybe it just takes some time?"

I smiled softly, "Its fine, Logan, I wasn't expecting it to work anyway."

Logan nodded, then froze, "Wait. What did you say?"

I blinked in confusion, "I said, I wasn't expecting it to work?"

"Deceit..." Logan said slowly, "You just spoke the truth..."

"I did?" I asked, "I did!"

"Yes, but this is concerning... are you still able to function as Thomas's deceit if you can tell the truth? What if you can't lie?!" Logan said, "Quick! Tell a lie!"

I rolled my eyes, "Roman and Virgil hate each other."

Logan let out a sigh of relief.

"Can I go now?" I said, "I need to tell Imaj that I can speak the truth now."

"You have a soft spot for the kid, don't you?" Logan asked.

"Well of course." I said, "Imaj is my best friend. I care about him like a brother, or like he's my own kid."

"D-decy?"

Oh no. I turned around to see Imaj standing in the doorway with tears in his eyes.

"Imaj..."

"I-I thought you were my f-friend." He said.

"I am! I mean-! No! Arg!" I tried.

"Save it Deceit." Imaj sniffed, "I don't wanna see you ever again! I hate you!"

He ran off, tears falling to the ground as he left, and I felt my heart shatter.

"Imaj wait!" I yelled.

I ran after him. He was headed to the imagination, I knew it. So that's were I went. I kept calling his name as I ran through the trees.

I had to find him. I had to tell him this was just a huge misunderstanding. Oh my god I'm such an idiot! I should have known the author would do something like this!

I heard crying and froze.

"Imaj!" I called out, running toward the sound.

A few moments later I found him. Imaj was stuck in a bramble bush and covered in scratches.

"Go away! Leave me alone!" Imaj screamed, struggling to get out of reach of the thorns.

"Hey, hey, calm down, I'm going to get you out." I told him, kneeling down and pulling the branches away from the boy.

"W-what?" Imaj asked.

I broke off the last branch and Imaj scrambled back, hitting a tree.

"Imaj..." I had to choose my next words carefully, "Logan didn't cast a spell on me and it made it so I couldn't tell the truth... and I wasn't speaking the truth when I said you are my best friend."

"Decy?"

"Cause you are my best friend Imaj... and I'm telling the truth now," tears started to form in my eyes, "I remember when we met... you were five and exploring the imagination. You stumbled into my cave following Salazar. At first you were scared of me and didn't understand what I was saying, but eventually we became friends. Every day you would visit me and we'd talk. Now I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to lie to you, Imaj."

"Decy!" Imaj threw his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

I hugged him back just as tight. Tears were running down both our faces. We were enjoying our moment when Imaj suddenly sat up.

"Wait Decy! You're walking again!" He exclaimed.

"I am? I am!" I gasped.

Imaj giggled excitedly.

"Yes!"