Beach day (Virgil's POV)

Roman started swinging our hands as we walked down the warm sand. The sky was a perfect clear blue. The water was gently rolling onto the sand, singing sweet lullabies against the earth.

We had just set our towels down on the sand, when Roman grabbed my hand and twirled me around.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"Sometimes you gotta bleed to know." Roman smirked, "that you're alive and have a soul."

I smiled and shook my head, "You're a dork."

"But it takes someone to come around, to show you how. He's the tear in my heart! I'm alive! He's the tear in my heart, I'm on fire. He's the tear in my heart, take me higher, than I've ever been!"

He started guiding me in a dance, and soon, we were both dancing wildly, laughing when we tripped over our own feet. I started running swords the water, but Roman quickly caught up and trapped me I'm his arms.

"The songs on the radio are okay. But my taste in music is your face," Roman booped my nose, "And it takes a song to come around, to show you how,"

"He's the tear in my heart, I'm alive!" I sang, making Roman smile, "He's the tear in my heart, I'm on fire. He's the tear in my heart, take me higher, than I've ever been!"

"Than I've ever been!" Roman sang.

I broke away and ran into the water, "than I've ever been!"

"Than I've ever been!"

Roman chased me into the water, capturing me again and pulling me under the waves. We rolled up on shore. Roman was on top of me, grinning like an idiot.

"You fell asleep in my, car I drove the whole time. But that’s okay I’ll just avoid the holes so you sleep fine. I’m driving here I sit, cursing my government. For not using my taxes to fill holes with more cement. You fell asleep in my! Car I drove the whole time. But that’s okay I’ll just avoid the holes so you sleep fine. I’m driving here I sit, cursing my government. For not using my taxes to fill holes with more cement."

I smiled, "Sometimes you gotta bleed to know, oh, oh. That you’re alive and have a soul, oh, oh. But it takes someone to come around. To show you how,"

"He's the tear in my heart! I'm alive! He's the tear in my heart, in on fire. He's the tear in my heart, take me higher, than I've ever been!"

"My heart is my armor. He’s the tear in my heart, he’s a carver. He’s a butcher with a smile, cut me farther. Than I’ve ever been!"

"Than I’ve ever been!"

"My heart is my armor." Roman sang quietly, "He’s the tear in my heart, he’s a carver. He’s a butcher with a smile, cut me farther. Than I’ve ever been."

Roman captured my lips in a kiss. Then a wave of salt water crashed over us. We pulled away, laughing and soaking wet.

"I love you." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you too." Roman smiled.

Another wave soaked us and plastered Roman's hair to his face. We laughed. Roman pushed his hair back and stood up, letting the next wave fully smack me.

Roman laughed. I spit seawater at him.

"Hey!" He yelled.

I laughed and Roman splashed me. Sticking my tongue out, I tried to splash him back, but he moved deeper into the water. I got up and chased him. Soon, we were in the midst of a splash war.

Roman splashed a huge wave into my face. I laughed and covered my face. When I opened my eyes, Roman was gone.

"Ro?" I called, "Roman?!"

Suddenly my feet went out from under me. Something started pulling me down. I wasn't in the ocean anymore. The water was black and thick. I tried to struggle away. I couldn't breath, I needed air!

"Virge? Virge!"

I cough up water. Not black, but normal, clear water. I was aware of a hand on my back.

"Ro?"

"Virge!" I was pulled up into a hug, "oh my god Virge, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean- I was just messing around- when you didn't come up-"

"Roman." I interrupted, "Its okay."

Roman shook his head and whispered, "this is the second time I let this happen."

"Ro, I just swallowed some water, I didn't inhale it." I told him, "I'm okay."

I gave him a quick kiss.

"Love me tender, love me sweet," I sang, "Never let me go
You have made my life complete
And I love you so,

"Love me tender, love me true. All my dreams fulfill. For my darling I love you, and I always will,

"Love me tender, love me long, Take me to your heart. For it's there that I belong, and will never part."

Roman smiled softly and I kissed the palm of his hand.

"You have the most beautiful singing voice." he whispered.

I blushed, "No I dont."

"Yes you do." he insisted.

"No."

Roman kissed me on the lips.

"Yes."