4. Curiosity Kills The Cat

Stiles laid upon his bed in that hotel room staring at the ceiling.  That thief he met, she actually seemed concerned about his safety when he went to jump after her.  She had wanted to see if he would be able to handle living in Gotham, and whether that was a part of the whole stealing his watch thing or not, he wasn't sure but he knew that she was a step up from werewolves.

Funny how dealing with a street kid that had him chase her throughout the city, in a course that was worse than Coach Finstock's suicide runs was better than anything involving the Supernatural.

Grabbing his phone he decided to finally call his father, seeing as he hadn't taken the time to call him yet, even though he had plenty of time.  What was even the time zone here?  Would Stilinski be awake, or would he be in bed?  Wow, Stiles didn't even know what state he was in, oh god.

As the phone rang, Stiles felt a bit of anxiety build up in his chest.  What if someone from the Pack answered?  What if something had happened to his Dad and nobody knew how to get a hold of him?

"Calm down, you're giving ME anxiety."

There was that voice again, popping out of nowhere.  Stiles jumped out of fear, shaking his head furiously as if that would help him get rid of that pesky nuisance that seemed to have come out of nowhere.

Maybe it was right though, maybe he just needed to calm down and stop worrying so much.  Stiles nodded as if the voice was a person next to him and heard the excited voice answer on the other end of the phone.

"Hello?  Stiles, is that you?" his father's eager voice answered, making Stiles' lips curl into a grin.

"Hey, Dad..."

"Is everything okay?  You've had me worried sick with the no communication.  Where are you at?"

"Uh, I'm in a hotel, a really crappy hotel that I'm pretty sure people were murdered in, but I'm doing okay.  Mostly been going across the country, but I think I found where I'm going to stay, at least for a little while.  I need to make some money before I decide whether to move on or not."

"You're broke?"

"Yeah, turns out a little motel in Nevada I stayed in was charging criminal prices and didn't mention that beforehand.  Price said thirty bucks a night, yet for one night, just sleeping in the bed cost me a hundred bucks.  I wish I had my bat to be honest." Stiles said jokingly.  "But I'm in Gotham, if you know where that is."

"Unfortunately I do, how is it you ended up there?" Stilinski asked, worry layering over his voice now.

"About a week ago I started feeling drawn in a certain direction, and before I knew it I was in the city.  It's not that bad so far."

"Meet anyone?"

"Uh, yeah... I guess you could say that.  She's a breath of fresh air compared to what I'm used to back in Beacon Hills."

"She?" Stilinski said teasingly, to which Stiles laughed.

"Dad, it's nothing like that.  Some street kid that tried to rob me, although I'm not sure if she intended to rob me or help me, honestly."

"How can you not?"

"She said she wanted to see if I could handle being in Gotham, saying if I had the persistence to keep going after her with what she had taken from me in every other situation I faced, I'd do a lot better."

"How old is this kid?"

"I think she said she was fourteen, I don't exactly remember, I was out of breath and wasn't paying that much attention to be honest." Stiles admitted, sighing as he sat against the wall.  "Hey, I'm sorry to change the subject but how is everyone?"