The Jobless - Part 2

Again, another day, another "Interview". The interview lasted for almost thirty minutes. Since I had a good background in terms of the field experience, I saw the signs that interviewer was interested.

'Ya Allah I don't want to lose this opportunity' My heart begged in prayers.

'Okay gentlemen, if in case you were selected, what is your possible joining date? The interviewer asked.

'I'm ready anytime, sir' i said

The interviewer, who looked posh, reclined in his chair and said -

'Alright, we will get back to you in a week's time. Wait for my call' the interviewer gave some signs of hope again.

I left the interview room with a hope. There were more than hundreds of candidates still waiting to be interviewed.

...............................................................................
 My phone rings. It is Ramla.. Her name appeared like a villain's entry on mobile screen.

I just recalled she asked a mobile top up in the morning.

I put my phone in silence and slipped inside the pocket.

It vibrates again. I ignored.

It keeps vibrating.

I picked it up irritatingly.

"Hello" I answered.

On the other side, it was a male. It didn't take me too long to realise its Ramla's dad.

It's about three years he didn't care talking to his very daughter for silly reasons over a small family dispute. He even stopped his family from seeing us.

Hello..." he was waiting for my response, I was still wondering what made him call from my wife's mobile.

"Son....., we need you in hospital. Ramla is with us here..." He spoke in a weak voice.

'What?' He made me nervous. 'What happened?' I lost control.

I rushed to the hospital with a three wheeler.

The bed was circled by some known faces that never turned to us for so long. They seemed disturbed to make an eye contact with me.

How come such a big enmity gone in no time. What's the price we paid for that?

As I neared, the ladies around there cleared a space for me. My heart beats fast.

It was awful to see Ramla lying with her legs and hands with bandages.

"She fell down rolling from stairs son, the lady next door called us" her mom started crying.

I was standing still.

Ramla was badly hit. Her face had turned red.

She couldn't say a word or pay attention to anyone. It really pained me to see her in that way.

Drop of tears peeped from my eyes unknowingly. I controlled myself

After a distressful week. Ramla got discharged. Doctor advised her a compulsory bed rest due to the fracture in her leg.